• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

whats on your 'WISH LIST'

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Now that I am keeping again, I am trying to decide what I want the most as I am only going to keep a few,
(for me thats about 20)
Anyway, making a wish list, some quite common I know, this is not complete as there are so many I just adore.
whats on your lists??

Aphonopelma seemani (always wanted one)
Avicularia minatrix (and any avics really, adore them all)
Brachypelma albopilosum Nicaragua (who doesn't love a curly or two or six or...whatever)
Brachypelma albopilosum Honduran
Lasiodora parahybana (I don't care how common they are, I LIKE THEM!)
Nhandu chromatus (<3)
Nhandu coloratovillosus (<3)
Nhandu tripepii (<3)
Psalmopoeus pulcher (or any psalmo really)
Pseudhapalopus sp. Kurzhaar (gasps! so pretty!)
Tapinauchenius violaceus (tappy, nuff said)

and an OBT and Poecilotheria or two, (arboreals are always ok with me.)

Last edited:

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Good choices. everyone needs albos, LPs and an Avic/Caribena or 2 but you've missed Pokies off your list.:).

Most of the Ts I'd really like are too expensive at the moment and I'm currently running out of space as my babies grow but I am looking at getting a Hysterocrates sp Hercules and a Pamphobeteus sp. Machala very soon.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Good choices. everyone needs albos, LPs and an Avic/Caribena or 2 but you've missed Pokies off your list.:).

Most of the Ts I'd really like are too expensive at the moment and I'm currently running out of space as my babies grow but I am looking at getting a Hysterocrates sp Hercules and a Pamphobeteus sp. Machala very soon.
added them lol some things just go without saying ^.~ oooo forgot about the machala.....-nodnods-

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
You also need an OBT. I lost my big girl, Zera but I have a sling that is beginning to look good.
oh no! I didn't know Enn, what happened! Was pictures of her that started my love of them..

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
oh no! I didn't know Enn, what happened! Was pictures of her that started my love of them..

I don't know what happened to her. She had gone into hiding as though she was moulting, so I left her alone then one day I saw 2 legs at her old front door at ground level so I thought she was beginning her clear out and would appear in all her glory when she was ready. Those 2 legs stayed where they were for a couple of days and I began to worry, I nudged them, no reaction so I pulled them out gently to find it was Zera. Not a sign of any problems but sadly she was dead. I do miss her :(

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I don't know what happened to her. She had gone into hiding as though she was moulting, so I left her alone then one day I saw 2 legs at her old front door at ground level so I thought she was beginning her clear out and would appear in all her glory when she was ready. Those 2 legs stayed where they were for a couple of days and I began to worry, I nudged them, no reaction so I pulled them out gently to find it was Zera. Not a sign of any problems but sadly she was dead. I do miss her :(
aw damn hun, sorry to hear that, just assumed there werent any new images, :(

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Well apart from all the tarantulas I can't keep here in Australia on my wishlist are Phlogius 'black presley' and Selenotypus 'yellow'/'banana' or similar, these I would like as juvies rather than slings.
I only have three T's currently on my list. Brachypelma smithi....not a hamorri, Iridopelma katiae and Pachistopelma bromelicola .
The problem with reading these wish lists, is I keep saying, oh...damn, yeah, I need one of those <3

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Well apart from all the tarantulas I can't keep here in Australia on my wishlist are Phlogius 'black presley' and Selenotypus 'yellow'/'banana' or similar, these I would like as juvies rather than slings.

I wonder if the reason many people don't keep Phlogiellus (Asian Dwarf Ts) is because of the confusion with the Australian Phlogius. Not helped by articles like this http://www.australiangeographic.com...2/08/australian-spiders-the-10-most-dangerous (see item 7)

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
I have three on my wish list:

Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens - Green Bottle Blue
Pelinobius muticus - King Baboon
Theraphosa stirmi - Burgundy Goliath Birdeater

You hit it on the head! My GBBs are my favorite.

On my last order I threw a P muticus sling on there because they were cheap and I’ve wanted one. I’m looking forward to seeing what sex it is in the next decade. :)

I got an AF T stirmi from craigslist a while ago and its the only T that my wife has really been afraid of. I got rid of it because she hated it so much. I just got a 4” juvie from craigslist. We’ll see what the wife says as it gets bigger.

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
While I can always want more, fortunately I have most of what I want. An M balfouri communal would be nice (Tom Moran’s podcast on these piqued my interest even more).

A T blondi and/ or apophysis would be cool, but for no real reason other than they are more rare than stirmi.

I’d never say no to a chance to own a T seladonia, but honestly I think I’d get frustrated with it always hiding and I’d end up overfeeding just to catch a glimpse of it.

I’d like a female C versicolor since mine turned out male.

Beyond that I have most of my wants: B auratum, GBBs, P rufilata, P metallica.

Latest posts