• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

whats on your 'WISH LIST'

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Most of mine are fairly simple easy to obtain, I want all of them, but common sense dictates I stick to a few this go round so trying to pick those I really love. ^^

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I would also suggest P striata, especially if you can get a confirmed female. Any pokie will be awesome however. It'll be a difficult day when I send off my confirmed male Striata in exchange for 5 slings or some other trade.

If you like L parahybana, I'd also suggest looking into L klugi or L iheringi or L fracta as well, just for giggles if nothing else. Still, any Lasiodora will be incredible. Most people don't even know that others exist.

Of course, you can always just do M balfouri or H pulchripes and be happy. Both are hardy, gorgeous and fairly easy to deal with, good second terrestrial tarantulas or good first OW tarantulas. These are incredible Lookers male or female so you can't lose.

My next arboreal will probably be either Poecilotheria vittata or Psalmopeous irminia.

P Striata Patrick newly molted 1.jpg
L Klugi Justina emerges 2.jpg
Hybris hanging out 2.jpg

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I would also suggest P striata, especially if you can get a confirmed female. Any pokie will be awesome however. It'll be a difficult day when I send off my confirmed male Striata in exchange for 5 slings or some other trade.

If you like L parahybana, I'd also suggest looking into L klugi or L iheringi or L fracta as well, just for giggles if nothing else. Still, any Lasiodora will be incredible. Most people don't even know that others exist.

Of course, you can always just do M balfouri or H pulchripes and be happy. Both are hardy, gorgeous and fairly easy to deal with, good second terrestrial tarantulas or good first OW tarantulas. These are incredible Lookers male or female so you can't lose.

My next arboreal will probably be either Poecilotheria vittata or Psalmopeous irminia.

View attachment 29613 View attachment 29614 View attachment 29615

No arguments. I love me my pokies ^^ I would like any of them honestly. So many I would love to have again however I’m being a little careful as it won’t be just me tending them (rolls eyes, & my house is full
Of arachnophobes)
I have no issues with old world T’s and kept a decent size collection till I ended up in the hospital. Then no one would assist in caring for them. So regrettably I had to re-home all of them. I don’t mind attitude in the least and respect their space ^^
Think I want an LP cuz I loved my little LP so much. Started as a teeny sling and was well over 3” when I had to re-home her. Far as P irminia, Psalmo’s are honestly one of my favorite T’s , have no doubt I’ll eventually end up with a few :)

Dave Jay

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I wonder if the reason many people don't keep Phlogiellus (Asian Dwarf Ts) is because of the confusion with the Australian Phlogius. Not helped by articles like this http://www.australiangeographic.com...2/08/australian-spiders-the-10-most-dangerous (see item 7)
Terrible article really, listing spiders as dangerous but in the text saying that the effects of a bite are mild. Funnelwebs and redbacks are dangerous and require antivenom but for the most part the spiders listed aren't deemed venomous enough to warrant an antivenom being developed. I like the huntsman being listed as dangerous because they jump out at you in the car! That much is true at least, they seem to like sleeping in cars then coming out to see what's going on when you start driving, distracting for sure!

Also, I recently saw an advert for a newly discovered species of dwarf Phlogius that supposedly can be kept communally.

Last edited:

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Mine was never aggressive, just skittish. They're a good second terrestrial or a good first OW.

I'm thinking about doing a communal setup when my federal return comes in.
Agree. Never saw any signs of aggression from mine. Shy and a bit skittish though as you said. Doesn't mean they can't be I suppose. Going back to the whole individual thing lol

If you do the communal post LOT's of pics plz ^^

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Agree. Never saw any signs of aggression from mine. Shy and a bit skittish though as you said. Doesn't mean they can't be I suppose. Going back to the whole individual thing lol

If you do the communal post LOT's of pics plz ^^

Of course!!

On my YouTube, I have some videos of Maxine, who was my M balfouri that passed away from impaction. I have a plan to prevent a repeat of that.

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
Trying reeaaally hard not to become a spider lady, as I think my 1 tarantula is quite lovely and low maintenance. That said, if I came across a euathlus I’d have a hard time saying no!

There’s nothing wrong with being a spider lasy. At this point there is no going back for me. I am definitely a “spider guy.”

smallbike

3 Year Member
I know there’s nothing wrong with it :) just not trying to bite off more than I can chew. I’m already a cat lady (though currently without a cat) and a total birdwatcher. Basically just an animal person :rolleyes:

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I know there’s nothing wrong with it :) just not trying to bite off more than I can chew. I’m already a cat lady (though currently without a cat) and a total birdwatcher. Basically just an animal person :rolleyes:

The great thing about Ts is they take up so little space, don't need walks or several meals a day, create no mess and make no noise :)

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Having 3 to 6 Ts is totally practical. Get nice enclosures for them so everyone can see their good looks!! Decent enclosures also make feeding and care much easier and prevent escapes.

Terra Blue professional enclosures are nice. Jamie's tarantulas and fear not tarantulas also sell good ones at a great price point.

I'd consider adding a feeding port as shown below. That is a Jamie's arboreal juvenile enclosure to the left. The mantis cage to the right is no longer in use because it's horrible.

Drat same size 2.jpg

The versicolor sling had been moved into a beautiful new home that he's still growing into.

Sage Exotics

3 Year Member
Well, I’ll be getting a H. Villosella (Tanzanian chestnut baboon) next reptile expo, but other than that (not all spiders):
1. Vinegaroon AKA whip tail scorpion (awesome and unique)
2. Emperor scorpion (always loved them, but I got a scorpling from an expo, he escaped the cricket tub he was in and drowned in his larger water dish outside his tub)
3. L. Parahybana (big and beautiful)
4. GBB (freaking stunning, plus ease of care? Who doesn’t want/have one!)

Last edited:

Latest posts