• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What's everyone listening to?

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
Dragged the wife to this last night. The only word for it was EPIC.

C22CB2B6-E6DB-4A70-9D48-E352A0F3082F.png

On the same bill were Anthrax, Lamb of God and others. It was great.

Dave Jay

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Dragged the wife to this last night. The only word for it was EPIC.

View attachment 30662

On the same bill were Anthrax, Lamb of God and others. It was great.
That's certainly one I'd like to tick off the list! Good to hear Anthrax is still touring, I heard about a comeback a few years ago, I doubt they'd come to Adelaide though.
I probably wouldn't hear about it if they did anyway! Some PR agencies shouldn't be in business. A few years back I was driving listening to community radio and the "what's on tonight " segment came on and W.A.S.P. were doing a one night only show in local pub! First I'd even heard of it and I was flat broke, so peed off! One of my favourite bands and there was no promotional material at all, they'll never be back, most international metal bands don't play Adelaide or Perth, just the east coast.
At least I got to see the Crue at the V8 race a couple of years ago, "supporting" KISS, KISS may have sold the tickets but Motley Crue kicked the arses! Vince was so much better than any recorded concert I've seen or heard from any era, totally on top form that night! Kiss were good too, I've seen them a few times but due to Paul being so hoarse he could hardly speak the set list was different than the standard Kiss show.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I grew up on kiss, Rat, the Crue, Metallica, all that..I can't get into it anymore, its just stale to me.

Now I look for anything different..classical, old country, blues, some of the new rock, but not much. I even listen to old 80's pop music that I hated when I was younger. Its tolerable now. Jesus wtf is happening..

Dave Jay

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I grew up on kiss, Rat, the Crue, Metallica, all that..I can't get into it anymore, its just stale to me.

Now I look for anything different..classical, old country, blues, some of the new rock, but not much. I even listen to old 80's pop music that I hated when I was younger. Its tolerable now. Jesus wtf is happening..
I know right? I turn the radio up when Uptown Funk comes on.....Oh the shame, the shame....I feel like I should kick my own arse!

sschind

3 Year Member
Right now "The secret Soldier" by Alex Berenson. Next up "the Gray Ghost" by Clive Cussler. Those are for driving.

For walking I've got "Deadly Companions: how microbes shaped our history " by Dorothy H. Crawford. Just finished "The Sting of the Wild" by Justin O Schmidt

I'm not a music person in case you can't tell.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Right now "The secret Soldier" by Alex Berenson. Next up "the Gray Ghost" by Clive Cussler. Those are for driving.

For walking I've got "Deadly Companions: how microbes shaped our history " by Dorothy H. Crawford. Just finished "The Sting of the Wild" by Justin O Schmidt

I'm not a music person in case you can't tell.
It's funny, I love reading, drove a truck over the continental 48 states, and never tried books on tape..

sschind

3 Year Member
It's funny, I love reading, drove a truck over the continental 48 states, and never tried books on tape..

I have listened to so many interesting books that I never would have read simply because I don't have the time to read and when I do try to read at night I fall asleep after about 15 minutes. There are also so many sources now for free audio books I doubt I'll ever catch up on all the ones on my want lists.

When I do read I prefer non fiction so the audio books have allowed me read many fiction books and become acquainted with many authors I never would have thought to read. I've listened to everything Clive Cussler has written (except the Issac Bell series) as well as John Grisham and there are a few others I'm close to completing. I've also listened to some of the classics that I know I never would have read and authors as well. I never would have picked up anything by Edgar Rice Burroughs but I have listened to a few including the Caspak trilogy and several of the many Tarzan titles.

Since I graduated from high school in 1983 I have had very little interest in music. Every now and then I'll get lost on you tube for an hour or so listening to some the oldies and on the rare occasion I want to listen to something at home I'll put on one of the 6 CDs I own (ABBA Gold, Neil Diamond's Greatest hits, Johnny Horton's Greatest hits, The Best of Merle Haggard, Sounds of the 70's or, and I'l bet no one else has this one, The Hee Haw Gospel Quartet.) and that's all I need.

Latest posts