• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What other T's can be put with a Rose Hair T?

l.poehling

3 Year Member
Wow, nice list of T.'s khatchet, and MathewM1, now I have more of a beginning..
I think one of my new spider will be the Rose Hair, she is here, no ordering.
The best thing about her is, I can Get her NOW....:D
Thanks again MathewM1 and khatchet..:T:

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have to step in now and suggest opposites,call me the evil voice haha.

Terrestrial
- Phormictopus Cancerides/Hatian Brown Bird Eater Evil scale 8/10
- Lasiodora Parahybana/Salmon pink Bird eater Evil scale 4-5/10
- Lasiodora Klugi/Scarlet bird Eater Evil Scale 5/10

Arboreal

- Psalmopoeus Irminia/Venezuelan Sun Tiger Evil Scale 8/10
- Avicularia Laeta/Puerto Rican Pink toe Evil Scale 8-9/10
- Psalmopoeus Cambridgei/Trinidad Chevron Evil Scale 7/10

Sorry but I had to do this haha,and these are all new world so low venom potency.

Last edited:

l.poehling

3 Year Member
I have to step in now and suggest opposites,call me the evil voice haha.

Terrestrial
- Phormictopus Cancerides/Hatian Brown Bird Eater Evil scale 8/10
- Lasiodora Parahybana/Salmon pink Bird eater Evil scale 4-5/10
- Lasiodora Klugi/Scarlet bird Eater Evil Scale 5/10

Arboreal

- Psalmopoeus Irminia/Venezuelan Sun Tiger Evil Scale 8/10
- Avicularia Laeta/Puerto Rican Pink toe Evil Scale 8-9/10
- Psalmopoeus Cambridgei/Trinidad Chevron Evil Scale 7/10

Sorry but I had to do this haha,and these are all new world so low venom potency.

Thank you Martin, this list will help me allot, because I am highly allergic to bees so I can imagine T.'s would be on the
same deadly :eek: consequence for me.. With this list I have a better chance for a less reaction. I do have
my EpiPen just in case. Thank you so much for this information Martin...:cool:

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thank you Martin, this list will help me allot, because I am highly allergic to bees so I can imagine T.'s would be on the
same deadly :eek: consequence for me.. With this list I have a better chance for a less reaction. I do have

It's a pleasure,I love this hobby a lot and I enjoy learning and passing on possible advice.

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member

Don't worry,according to what scientists have found tarantula venom cannot cause an allergic reaction. I wrote a piece somewhere,can't remember where might be in the bite report section about what has been said.

l.poehling

3 Year Member
It's a pleasure,I love this hobby a lot and I enjoy learning and passing on possible advice.
Agreed, amazing little creatures they are Martin!
I really enjoy watching their habits and the Molting is so cool, except when it goes wrong, just to see the brand new T' emerging.
"This is so wrong on so many levels". :confused: I never in a million years thought I would want to buy a spider.:eek:
Tarantula Forum and the few people I have encountered here have made this proses so much better and the information
is very helpful. The list's are driving me crazy! The specimens are so nice it is really hard to choose.
The less venomous one's are truly a good thing to know though.. Thanks again Martin!
Question Martin. Out of those T..'s you listed which ones like to use the whole area in their housing?
climbing and terrain?

l.poehling

3 Year Member
Don't worry,according to what scientists have found tarantula venom cannot cause an allergic reaction. I wrote a piece somewhere,can't remember where might be in the bite report section about what has been said.
Really Martin?
That is the biggest reason for me not holding them. The other thing is blood worms, stuff makes my eyes swell up.:eek:
Any relation to the venom in T.'s?:T:

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Agreed, amazing little creatures they are Martin!
I really enjoy watching their habits and the Molting is so cool, except when it goes wrong, just to see the brand new T' emerging.
"This is so wrong on so many levels". :confused: I never in a million years thought I would want to buy a spider.:eek:
Tarantula Forum and the few people I have encountered here have made this proses so much better and the information
is very helpful. The list's are driving me crazy! The specimens are so nice it is really hard to choose.
The less venomous one's are truly a good thing to know though.. Thanks again Martin!
Question Martin. Out of those T..'s you listed which ones like to use the whole area in their housing?
climbing and terrain?

Okay a very good webber would be a Chromatopelma Cyanupubescens,also known as a green bottle blue probably one of the most beautiful new world specimens low venom toxicity. They are easy to take care of,same conditions as most Brachypelma since they originate from a dry area the desert.

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Really Martin?
That is the biggest reason for me not holding them. The other thing is blood worms, stuff makes my eyes swell up.:eek:
Any relation to the venom in T.'s?:T:

Not to sure about blood worms,but holding a T is another ballgame indeed. The T may be startled and fall,or imbed it's fangs to latch on making you think it wants to bite you. I usually don't handle a T,but if you have to all I can say think of the T's safety not your own since it was your choice not the T's haha.

l.poehling

3 Year Member
Okay a very good webber would be a Chromatopelma Cyanupubescens,also known as a green bottle blue probably one of the most beautiful new world specimens low venom toxicity. They are easy to take care of,same conditions as most Brachypelma since they originate from a dry area the desert.

Thanks Martin, and by the way, really nice collection you have, wow...
The green bottle like to be held, I should say tolerate handling?

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thanks Martin, and by the way, really nice collection you have, wow...
The green bottle like to be held, I should say tolerate handling?

Thank you,but I want one like jon3800's collection I'm getting there will receive another 21 T's tomorrow. As for handling A green bottle blue,I haven't tried that since they can be skittish. I have handled Brachypelma, and my Lasiodora Parahybana female which is easily 9 inches but only after she grew since while she was smaller she had an attitude.

l.poehling

3 Year Member
Not to sure about blood worms,but holding a T is another ballgame indeed. The T may be startled and fall,or imbed it's fangs to latch on making you think it wants to bite you. I usually don't handle a T,but if you have to all I can say think of the T's safety not your own since it was your choice not the T's haha.

Very true, you just made me a non handler. Thanks!
Besides, their true beauty is in their colors and dwelling....:cool:

l.poehling

3 Year Member
Thank you,but I want one like jon3800's collection I'm getting there will receive another 21 T's tomorrow. As for handling A green bottle blue,I haven't tried that since they can be skittish. I have handled Brachypelma, and my Lasiodora Parahybana female which is easily 9 inches but only after she grew since while she was smaller she had an attitude.
I am afraid of them getting lose in the house. LOL

l.poehling

3 Year Member
I want to add,I'm not trying to scare you or put you off or tell you what to do. I'm just trying to share my view,others will have a different view so it's up to you.
Not a problem Martin,
I would rather have someone, with knowledge, tell me what to do than a person with a dare devil attitude.
You know..

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Not a problem Martin,
I would rather have someone, with knowledge, tell me what to do than a person with a dare devil attitude.
You know..

I try to stay objective where possible,so I'm not going to be always right but I do try. Other people who have been in the hobby longer,might disagree some might agree. As long as I feel I have been honest,that's all that matters.

Latest posts