• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What is this?!

Arachne

3 Year Member
I woke up in the morning to find this. The man that gave me the T said boehmei was a terrestrial species but Arachne has been digging all the substrate all night appearantly. Does anyone know the reason why? Is it because Arachne might not like the substrate? Or maybe searching for food? Well I think I have to redecorate the whole encloser from top to toe.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-13-12-40-40.png
    Screenshot_2015-01-13-12-40-40.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 17

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I woke up in the morning to find this. The man that gave me the T said boehmei was a terrestrial species but Arachne has been digging all the substrate all night appearantly. Does anyone know the reason why? Is it because Arachne might not like the substrate? Or maybe searching for food? Well I think I have to redecorate the whole encloser from top to toe.
Okay,they are terrestrial but given enough sub will burrow. So I suggest lots of sub,and dry sub.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My Boehmei sling dug in completely for over a month when I first got it. It built itself a proper little den. You've got to remember in the wild the tiny spiderlings would be more or less at the bottom of the food chain so going underground would be the safest option.

Tomoran

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I give all of my slings enough substrate depth to allow for them to burrow. Even if they are terrestrial species as adults, the majority of my slings will dig. Many will construct burrows, which makes them feel more secure.

Last edited:

Arachne

3 Year Member
Okay I think I will push up the security for the new encloser :D Thank you very much for the answer.

Latest posts