• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What is the hardest taranchula/spider to breed and why.....

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
H. Chilensis seem to be difficult to breed, I failed twice and lost two males in the process.

Another species that is apparently hard to breed is Eucratoscelus pachypus, one of the biggest hurdles in breeding this species seems to be finding males. I've heard that mature males of E. pachypus are often confused with other species.

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
We’re still inexperienced with breeding. We’ve paired a few but no sacs as yet.
There seem to be many hurdles when breeding and the pairing part is the easiest. Any idiot and their dog can put a male in with a female. There are many many good breeders in the hobby who are very successful with species most of us haven’t even heard of but they still have issues with some species.
my advice would be get yourself established in the hobby and experienced with the Ts you have before sourcing males and wasting them.

Keymond69

There seem to be many hurdles when breeding and the pairing part is the easiest. Any idiot and their dog can put a male in with a female. There are many many good breeders in the hobby who are very successful with species most of us haven’t even heard of but they still have issues with some species.
my advice would be get yourself established in the hobby and experienced with the Ts you have before sourcing males and wasting them.
I've been a keeper for years then stopped the hobby now started back up , I've bread obts and chilean rose both successfully, if you don't make mistakes how are you ment to learn.

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Your meant to make mistakes. But you don’t learn to drive in a Ferrari. If your looking for something that’s hard to breed they go hand in hand with hard to find. If something’s hard to find and you manage to get a male and make a mistake it’s a loss to the hobby.

Keymond69

my advice would be get yourself established in the hobby and experienced with the Ts you have before sourcing males
Your meant to make mistakes. But you don’t learn to drive in a Ferrari. If your looking for something that’s hard to breed they go hand in hand with hard to find. If something’s hard to find and you manage to get a male and make a mistake it’s a loss to the hobby.
Really bad comparison but yeah I get you.

Mattypants

Ok so Hi! I’m totally new here, but I’ve been keeping a few T’s going on five years now. Lately I’ve become keen on breeding them. Well, one in particular. My five year old female Acanthoscurria geniculata. At first I thought I might branch out and pick up a female from a different genus with a few males. But I’ve decided the way to go is by getting a few A. genic slings and raise them the way I raised her. Some will likely be male suitors and if I end up with another female that’s a bonus since I am only going to potentially collect one sac per female. They aren’t just baby making machines to me. I love them. Am I on the right track?

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Ok so Hi! I’m totally new here, but I’ve been keeping a few T’s going on five years now. Lately I’ve become keen on breeding them. Well, one in particular. My five year old female Acanthoscurria geniculata. At first I thought I might branch out and pick up a female from a different genus with a few males. But I’ve decided the way to go is by getting a few A. genic slings and raise them the way I raised her. Some will likely be male suitors and if I end up with another female that’s a bonus since I am only going to potentially collect one sac per female. They aren’t just baby making machines to me. I love them. Am I on the right track?
You can't be on the wrong track by loving your Ts :)

Mattypants

You can't be on the wrong track by loving your Ts :)
Oh, I meant you know, buying my own slings to raise up for breeding and sticking with what I am reasonably sure of instead of going for what’s rare and seemingly more needed and stuff. But yeah I do love my girl. I have an Avic avic and a G porteri but my genic is my favorite girl. I thought about sinking some fat cash into pulchra’s but nah.

Latest posts