• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

WHAT IS THE CHEAPEST SITE ON THE INTERNET TO BUY TARANTULAS FROM IN THE UNITED STATES?

Neilwallace

3 Year Member
so far i haven't found a site that has very reasonable prices other than jamies T's can anybody tell me a site that has the cheapest prices.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Swifts inverts, if you are able to spend $200+ Arachnoiden is a fantastic place to buy from (their reviews are great). Under $200 it is like fifty something dollars for shipping, but they offer rare species.

Tgotty90

3 Year Member
Jamies has the cheapest shipping but all the websites are high priced in my opinion. There are better deals here in the classifieds but I find the best deals at local reptile/exotic expos, that's if you have any in your area but ever since I met a few connections at the shows, I have a hard time buying anything online anymore.

Beaker41

3 Year Member
One of the cheapest places on the Internet to buy tarantulas is backwater reptiles. They’re also one of the worst companies to deal with. They will send you the wrong species, mislabeled species, terrible packaging, animals in poor condition, and any other horrible thing you can imagine. The cheapest option is not always the best option. If you don’t have enough money to spend on proper shipping with a proper company then you probably need to either shop locally or just save up enough money so you can do it correctly.

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
One of the cheapest places on the Internet to buy tarantulas is backwater reptiles. They’re also one of the worst companies to deal with. They will send you the wrong species, mislabeled species, terrible packaging, animals in poor condition, and any other horrible thing you can imagine. The cheapest option is not always the best option. If you don’t have enough money to spend on proper shipping with a proper company then you probably need to either shop locally or just save up enough money so you can do it correctly.
What...?Backwater is also pricy. And even worse you may not even get the T you paid for.

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Petcenter closed its doors?? That sucks, they were always quick and painless to deal with
From what I heard it was one or two people that worked for Paul and let alot of his Ts die P.metallica being one that came up. As well as stole a bunch of them from him. Or said they died and stole them and sold them. But im guessing this was someome he knew and trusted. So he ended up selling everything including equipment for breeding. A few months later the website is gone. I got to deal with him once and it was a positive transaction. I was going to get more from him but never had the chance.. i hope he gets back into the hobby again once some time passes.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I would've recommended stamps tarantulas, but what happened to them I have no idea.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
As far as Stamps, he went into business with a shady fellow from the reptile trade awhile back. Things went downhill from there apparently. I've nothing bad to say about him, but his partner angered many people, in the snake hobby as well as the invert hobby.

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Equal in price and with a greater selection is Tanya at FearNotTarantulas. I have had wonderful experiences from her. Also quite reputable and easy to deal with is Anastasia at net-bug.net. FearNot is in Virginia Beach and Net.bug.net is in New England.