• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What is she doing???!

ponyo_33

I literally just noticed my tarantula… I’ve seen her climb the glass a little, but never to the top of the cage, and she’s… drooling?????View attachment IMG_0184.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0187.jpeg
    IMG_0187.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 2,554

Gizalba

3 Year Member
Glad you got her down! How deep is the substrate? I have seen a lot of terrestrial Ts climb so it's just important to make sure the ceiling isn't too high. I think they say around more than double the legspan would be too high. If this is the case I tend to fill it up with substrate more to decrease the height.

I can't see well in the photo but the drooling bit may just be some water she's carried over there in her mouth from the water dish? Lol. Not sure how it works but I do often see water droplets below the tarantula on the glass as though they took the water with them to save some for later :p

ponyo_33

Glad you got her down! How deep is the substrate? I have seen a lot of terrestrial Ts climb so it's just important to make sure the ceiling isn't too high. I think they say around more than double the legspan would be too high. If this is the case I tend to fill it up with substrate more to decrease the height.

I can't see well in the photo but the drooling bit may just be some water she's carried over there in her mouth from the water dish? Lol. Not sure how it works but I do often see water droplets below the tarantula on the glass as though they took the water with them to save some for later :p
Ah, okay, it seems I’ll need to add some substrate or get a shorter tank, thank you!!

They do that? I didn’t know they could do that, that’s really cool :) thank you

MBullock

3 Year Member
they groom often when scaling glass to keep their scopulae clean.

it's normal for them to head for the most air flow, in their mind it's the actual entrance to the burrow, in the wild they actually exit the burrow and hang out a few inches away or sometimes even wandering a considerable distance to lay down trip lines to alert them of approaching prey/danger.

Latest posts