• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What is happening

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
It may simply be still settling in.
A sure sign of a sling moulting is the darkening of the abdomen.

izzp99

20221016_210346.jpg
about 5 days after I got it

mrsoul1974

3 Year Member
Be patient. Sometimes they take a while to molt. Just keep a small plastic bottlecap of fresh water in case it wants a drink. Leave something pre-killed if you want to try feeding. Remove anything not eaten after 24hrs. Good luck!!

izzp99

Be patient. Sometimes they take a while to molt. Just keep a small plastic bottlecap of fresh water in case it wants a drink. Leave something pre-killed if you want to try feeding. Remove anything not eaten after 24hrs. Good luck!!
I keep a water bowl in the enclosure. Thank you for the advice

ta122

You could also try offering different prey. While some of my spiders need very active prey to illicit any interest, others are intimidated and have to be "starving" before they decide to brave confrontation. Haha! Pre-killed is a good option for slings.

JaiTarantula

Grammastola species are also quite slow growers. So they can fast before a molt for weeks if not months. As per above just keep fresh water in the bowl and some prey item thats prekilled :)

Latest posts