• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Walmart Cheeseballs container!!

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I am one of those people who do use extra lighting for my tarantulas, although I may be toning mine down a bit. Others disagree and I understand that.
Red lights are very good too, especially to watch the tarantulas at night as they don't see that spectrum apparently and act as normal.

Hopefully others will chime in. I think your light may be a little too bright, but in general I am fine with lighting.
Sorry, I hope I did not take the wind out of your sail. Or rain on your parade, or pee on your leg. I am a big fan of added light as I hope to eventually recreate the T's original environment. And yes many Ts spend most of their lives secluded in a burrow, but they still can do that in captivity.
Tarantulas probably don't need that light, but some plants in the enclosure do require added light.
I think I have dug myself into a deep enough hole so I will stop here. For now...maybe...

Sparklebaby69

I am one of those people who do use extra lighting for my tarantulas. Others disagree. Red lights are very good too, especially to watch the tarantulas at night as they don't see that spectrum apparently and act as normal.

Hopefully others will chime in. I think your light may be a little too bright, but in general I am fine with lighting.
I just used the white light for demonstrating the remote aspect. It actually has 10 different color choices and is only clicked on when needed. Otherwise no lighting is on my Ts except soft room light. I've got about 20yrs or more total experience so UNLESS I ASK, I'VE GOT THIS. I was just showing the completed project. Always looking for flaws isn't really a good thing. Ok?

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I just used the white light for demonstrating the remote aspect. It actually has 10 different color choices and is only clicked on when needed. Otherwise no lighting is on my Ts except soft room light. I've got about 20yrs or more total experience so UNLESS I ASK, I'VE GOT THIS. I was just showing the completed project. Always looking for flaws isn't really a good thing. Ok?
Wow

My apologies. For some reason I assumed you were experimenting with lighting, and I did not check your previous messages before adding my two cents.

Last edited:

Sparklebaby69

I am one of those people who do use extra lighting for my tarantulas. Others disagree. Red lights are very good too, especially to watch the tarantulas at night as they don't see that spectrum apparently and act as normal.

I just used the white light for demonstrating the remote aspect. It actually has 10 different color choices and is only clicked on when needed. Otherwise no lighting is on my Ts except soft room light. I've got about 20yrs or more total experience so UNLESS I ASK, I'VE GOT THIS. I was just showing the completed project. Always looking for flaws isn't really a good thing. Ok
Sorry, I hope I did not take the wind out of your sail. Or rain on your parade, or pee on your leg. I am a big fan of added light as I hope to eventually recreate the T's original environment. And yes many Ts spend most of their lives secluded in a burrow, but they still can do that in captivity.
Tarantulas probably don't need that light, but some plants in the enclosure do require added light.
I think I have dug myself into a deep enough hole so I will stop here. For now...maybe...

I too wasn't meaning to sound rude at all it's just you'd made comments about the lid AND the lights and I wanted you to know not to worry because I'm not a newbie. I also research EVERYTHING thoroughly before I do anything. I love sharing affordable and practical ways to enjoy the hobby. Too many people in this hobby are so quick to want to criticize and point out negatives and it does discourage people who are new and I guess it's a pet peeve of mine, sorry.
Wow

My apologies. For some reason I assumed you were experimenting with lighting, and I did not check your previous messages before adding my two cents.

Sparklebaby69

See?! I can turn them on white light or one of NINE other colors! A pack of 20 of these lights, batteries included with 2 remotes was $28 on Amazon.

Attachments

• 20220203_163513.jpg
    20220203_163513.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4