• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Walmart Cheeseballs container!!

Sparklebaby69

I just bought 3 of these and told my teen son to hurry up and eat them all because I have 7 new tarantulas coming Saturday and need more enclosures!
$6 each for habitats for new T's with bonus all you can eat cheeseballs!

Attachments

• 836 (1).jpeg
    836 (1).jpeg
    294.7 KB · Views: 14

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
A win win win situation, I would say.

I wonder how many cheese balls your son can fit in his mouth at one time?

Cor

Tarantula Club Member
Those containers are great for all different stuff, but you’ve really got to clean them out good. Those cheese balls leave a greasy, oily residue. My friend and I used them to store loose Lego for her kids and they all ended up with a greasy coating that needed a good soak to remove. Once we figured that out, the containers worked great!

Vermis

Tarantula Club Member
I've said it elsewhere: I wish cheeseballs were a thing over here, just so I could get the jars!

I think the closest thing we have are the jars of sweets for shops that still weigh out a quarter pound of mint humbugs or jelly babies, and good luck finding one of those these days.

Tarantulafeets

These containers are really nice as enclosures, but I would imagine it a pain in the butt to rehouse them, as there isn't any room to move around your catch cup, and the tarantula will most likely stop moving at the top corners and not come out. Just my 2 cents

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
These containers are really nice as enclosures, but I would imagine it a pain in the butt to rehouse them, as there isn't any room to move around your catch cup, and the tarantula will most likely stop moving at the top corners and not come out. Just my 2 cents
You'd be surprised how influential a zip tie could be to get a stubborn tarantula to move...

Sparklebaby69

Those containers are great for all different stuff, but you’ve really got to clean them out good. Those cheese balls leave a greasy, oily residue. My friend and I used them to store loose Lego for her kids and they all ended up with a greasy coating that needed a good soak to remove. Once we figured that out, the containers worked great!
I will absolutely wash out with dawn dish liquid and warm water. I've bought and used the round ones un the past for other things but the square ones I've never seen.

Sparklebaby69

These are two gallon size and the opening is big enough even for my husband to reach into them with room to spare!

Sparklebaby69

A win win win situation, I would say.

I wonder how many cheese balls your son can fit in his mouth at one time?
LOTS. We also have chickens so when we get tired of the cheesy pools the chickens can pick up the slack! Pick of one just visiting inside, we don't have house chickens.

Attachments

• 20220123_154557.mp4
    23.2 MB

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I am one of those people who do use extra lighting for my tarantulas. Others disagree. Red lights are very good too, especially to watch the tarantulas at night as they don't see that spectrum apparently and act as normal.

Hopefully others will chime in. I think your light may be a little too bright, but in general I am fine with lighting.