• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Think she may have eaten

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I put 2 crickets in with Karina earlier. I just went in to see how she was doing and it looks like something is in her mouth (no sign of the crickets) and her pedipalps are curled in towards her mouth. Did I really miss her eat? :(

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
She definitely had something in her mouth hehe. I managed to find one cricket, but the other one is nowhere to be found. So disappointed that I missed it :( She hasn't really done anything since I've had her, just stayed in one spot (occasionally turning to point the other way), so I was really hoping to see the carnage of her first kill haha.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
She definitely had something in her mouth hehe. I managed to find one cricket, but the other one is nowhere to be found. So disappointed that I missed it :( She hasn't really done anything since I've had her, just stayed in one spot (occasionally turning to point the other way), so I was really hoping to see the carnage of her first kill haha.

That's pretty much what tarantulas do. Not exactly exciting. but enjoyable none the less.

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yeah I knew that they aren't really 'active' pets...was just hoping to see the thrill of the kill. I'll have to pull up a chair and hold a vigil the next time I feed her haha

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yeah I knew that they aren't really 'active' pets...was just hoping to see the thrill of the kill. I'll have to pull up a chair and hold a vigil the next time I feed her haha

just wait til 1 week after she moults, She'll jump on that cricket soon as it hits the ground.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
it is a good sign that she is eating tho and you Will have plenty of other opportunities to see the crickets get it.

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I was definitely happy that she did finally nom on some tasty cricket :)

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I love watching them eating I especially like the different attack methods (I Will probably be re incarnated as a cricket for my wickedness.) the avics and the genics seem to flick the prey onto there fangs. some of the others make an Oscar winning drama out of it is(especially my greedy rose hair ramases )

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I used to delight in the sacrifice of crickets, mealworms and wax worms when I fed my Leo's....the crunch sound was so satisfying for some reason, not to mention the adorable look of a satiated leo licking thier chops haha. So maybe I'll be reincarnated as a meal worm. Hmm, we better enjoy this life while we can lol. I am looking forward to the time when I have a few different T's to feed and enjoy. When I went into the room tonight and noticed her mouth was full, my reaction tonight was like a little kid on xmas morning that runs out and grabs the big present under the tree, sees the box for the newest coolest toy, but then opens it and finds the box stuffed with socks lol.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I don't dislike crickets just love watching my t's stuff there face . You Will have a collection of them eating you out of house and home soon lol

Latest posts