• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

The case of the disappearing sling...

KIM QUY

3 Year Member
What are your others called ? Glad the moult went well :)
They are named after the Moirai in Greek mythology: Clotho, Lakhesis, and Atropos. Clotho was named because she made a messy web the first night she was here (Clotho is the one who spun the thread of life). Lakhesis was the one that made a nice tunnel web the first night (Lakhesis is the one that weave the web of life). Atropos was the only one out of the three that did not make a web the first night and chose to hang upside down on the lid instead o_O(Atropos cut the thread of life).

Last edited:

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yes i rarely buy just One. Some of Mine Have names from mythology. The man in the pet Shop laughed When i said Perseus and Andromeda were eating Me out of house and home.

KIM QUY

3 Year Member
Lol. My parents visited last weekend and I had to quickly hide the Moirai and my dubia colony away.:oops: They only know I have Aragog (4" G. rosea) and they already think I am crazy.:D I'll let my parents know about the Moirai once they reach a respectable size (~5") :p. Introducing 3 mature OBT's in threat poses and their fangs dripping venom :eek: should be enough to convince my parents how precious they are :p.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yeh. Angry obt's are a real crowd pleaser :) If That dont turn them into tarantula Fans nothing Will.

KIM QUY

3 Year Member
Yeh. Angry obt's are a real crowd pleaser :) If That dont turn them into tarantula Fans nothing Will.
LOL. Two of them molted and I swear they got like 10X faster. They are so cute with intensely orange/redish butts and black legs. I started visiting my local thrift store more often to get cheap enclosures. I got a shoebox today for 52 cents (4"X4"X12"). At this growth rate, I'll have to rehome them to their permanent home in ~6 months. I don't want to rehome them too often since it's scary. I rehomed Lakhesis the other day and she bolted into her new box and gave me a heart attack in the process. My room is a bit warm (75-80F) so they are growing fast. :(

Dan3

3 Year Member
Uhm! Hey, I have a B. smithi who has dug and buried herself/himself for a month now. Since he/she dug by the side of the enclosure I can still see what's happening inside. I'm just wondering if he/she got lost and need to be dug out or should I just let him/her be?
please help.

Latest posts