• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Texan breeder?

DewDrop

3 Year Member
The wild caught thing is really not something I am familiar with enough to say anything about, but I don't buy wild caught. They might know what they are doing and all and it seems like they do, they at least let people know when it was wild caught. Then it says they didn't sell any wild caught based stock. At that level it is all about genetics and as long as they have their proper permits if needed and got the education to do what they are doing it isn't my place to challenge any of that with a wonder or a question wanting proof. There are a lot of colleges who do research, perhaps it had something to do with that. It was an interesting video. I am waaay too ignorant on the process it takes to get a good genetic stock to the point of pet tarantula it'd just be ignorant for me to say much on it. What is a pet tarantula to me and my family is science and entomology to the well educated. There is just a lot of college involved in the pet trade, that I do not have, so I really have no opinion. It just shows that some reptile shows are just the best places to buy from some breeders so they can share the professional side of the fun and education involving nature. That way it is more of a public based sell and more laws are followed and it shows that after that nature hike they are following a lot of extra laws just to bring a tarantula to sell at an expo. It's nice to see that some people are devoted to nature like that and have made a living with the science they enjoy. I tend to think of those who can hike out there like that and introduce genetic stock legally as the ones who go and do wholesale over retail because of the large amount of laws they have to follow and the huge amount of money and time they have invested in what they do.

Last edited: