• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Temperature of enclosure

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
We've already had this discussion WL777. ;) You eventually admitted you were just doing it that way for no reason other than you want to, and I provided you with a ton of evidence as to why it shouldn't be done. Unfortunately that thread got deleted.

OP, Tom Moran has a ton of experience with hundreds of tarantulas, and is a very nice guy. You can even contact him via his website and he'll talk to you one on one.
Tom ( @Tomoran ) used to be an active member here. It's what drew me to this forum originally. Doing research on my first T and had been reading his blogs, found a post of his here.

Perfect. Ambient room temperature is the best way of providing heat for our eight-legged friends. I live in an older house as well, it really can get cold quickly. In the winter I use an infrared heater. Just be aware that with any supplemental heat, you'll have to keep an eye on the water dish more as it can dry up quickly.

My place is the same. horrible insulation around the doors and the windows are all single pane. I use the room heater in the winter with a humidifier going to keep the ambient humidity around 25%, any lower and my son get's nose bleeds.

Miss Moxie

3 Year Member
@kormath Tom's a very nice guy. I've talked to him personally recently about setting up a balfouri communal and he even offered to talk to breeders/sellers for me to see if he could find the number of balfouri I wanted. I always cite back to his blog or videos when I can!

Latest posts