• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tarantula Club, Ads, and stuff

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
A couple of points I don't like are :-
1/ The up/down arrows have gone only an up one now and I used the down a lot.
2/ The blue text colour is too faint, I struggle to see it especially in the signatures.

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Also members photos when they are online now is so small it's hard to see without having to look up the names :rolleyes:

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I quite like it. Will take a few days to adjust but navigating the site is much nicer now (on mobile atleast, not sure about pc)
Visually I think the category headings could be slightly bigger but that's a personal preference and something I can easily adjust to

Good job :)

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
We will be making some minor color scheme changes so keep that feedback coming. Especially elements that are too small, the wrong color, unusable, etc.

Thank you all for the support and love so far! Don't be shy about poking around the article manager too! I'm stoked to start adding articles!

AndrewClayton

When viewing media you can no longer like the media unless you open the picture up And when you have a slow data connection it takes some time to cycle through individually, instead of the last 9 or 10 media pics at a time only opening the photos to comment. Can something be done about this @Josh

Yvonne G

Administrator
3 Year Member
@Josh. :

All of your forums are no longer shown at the bottom of the home page. As I access each of them daily, this is inconvenient for me. It's the same on the new gecko forum.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Yeah I can see em too. People might be having caching issues. Good idea to clear your browser cache :)

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@Josh We could do with a Vertebrate section in Media and also how do I post Media to my Album Enn's Bunch?

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
I don't like the likes.. As its like Facebook.. And I don't do Facebook lol and it's just so different! I will get used to it I suppose.. It will grow on me I'm sure ;)

My initial impression was exactly the same (I don't do FB either) . It sort of feels 'blocky' and 'boxed in' . I'm not very good at describing, but everything seems to be in a box. Plus it feels like the new presentation of the site is going to use more data.
I guess I'll adapt to it soon. I always hate at first when a beloved site changes!!

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
I just added 4 pics. If you're on PC use CTRL+click to multi-select. i'm not sure if that'll be possible on mobile

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
We can't talk politics in the off topic chit chat? Is there any other content we aren't allowed to discuss on the forum? I want to know in advance because I'd hate to initiate something that goes against forum policy.