• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tarantula breeding gone wrong!!!!

MBullock

3 Year Member
gotta make sure she's receptive. This is why it's a good idea to 'shark-tank' the male, first, which lets him drum and vibrate for her. if she starts feeling the container with great interest and doesnt slap at it, she's receptive

Robbiestalkingts

3 Year Member
gotta make sure she's receptive. This is why it's a good idea to 'shark-tank' the male, first, which lets him drum and vibrate for her. if she starts feeling the container with great interest and doesnt slap at it, she's receptive
Awesome thank you for the advice, I think I was a bit nieve as my previous pairing attempts with other species have gone off without a hitch, I think I was over confident and relying on the conditioning to work, I'll definitely try your method next time, I really appreciate the advice thank you

MBullock

3 Year Member
Awesome thank you for the advice, I think I was a bit nieve as my previous pairing attempts with other species have gone off without a hitch, I think I was over confident and relying on the conditioning to work, I'll definitely try your method next time, I really appreciate the advice thank you
it's not my method, i cant take credit, im simply relaying information, but i'm happy to have helped :)

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I always place the male for Gbbs in a deli cup inside her enclosure to get her warmed up to his presence. After a day or so if she's responsive I'll let him go. The actual courting between the male and female can go on for days. It's like watching paint dry.
20200720_050427_1.gif

Robbiestalkingts

3 Year Member
I always place the male for Gbbs in a deli cup inside her enclosure to get her warmed up to his presence. After a day or so if she's responsive I'll let him go. The actual courting between the male and female can go on for days. It's like watching paint dry.
View attachment 67559
I'm slowly starting to learn this, that's a great tip I'll try it on the next pairing attempt

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I successfully produced gbb. The female needs to be cooled down for 30 days. Afterward, slightly bring the temps back up and rain on her (mist/soak) every 2 days for about a week or two. Then introduce your male. This method worked for me. She had over 200 babies. :) Also, have a plastic spatula or spoon ready just in case you need to separate them.

Latest posts