• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tailless whip scorpion help~~

ItsukinoKira

3 Year Member
Hello everyone!!

Since a long time ago I was searching for a tailless whip scorpion and finally last november I was able to get an Acanthophrynus coronatus in a convention in my city.

Although.... she hasn't eaten since I got her :')
I've tried feeding her lobster roaches and crickets but it seems that none of those have been of her interest.. I've never seen her eating and some weeks after throwing the insects, I've found them walking happily in the enclosure so I take them out. The only ones that I left were the crickets to see if she wants to hunt them since those are the ones that move the most.

Recently I moved her enclosure to check if she was ok and it seems fine but since it's my first experience with this kind of arthropod I want to know your opinions and suggestions on how to improve... anything related to her care :)

First pic is her enclosure when I built it and second one is last week that I took out the log where she hides.

Thank you :)!

Attachments

• IMG_20221212_210243.jpg
    IMG_20221212_210243.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20230126_214018.jpg
    IMG_20230126_214018.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 11

MBullock

3 Year Member
Have you tried feeding her in the dark using red light to observe?

I generally open the enclosure then wait for like 10 minutes for them to calm down. The slightest nudge or vibration makes them stress out and refuse food.

ItsukinoKira

3 Year Member
Have you tried feeding her in the dark using red light to observe?

I generally open the enclosure then wait for like 10 minutes for them to calm down. The slightest nudge or vibration makes them stress out and refuse food.

Nope :c I don't have a red light but I'll try getting one

I just left her alone with the crickets inside so she can eat whenever she feels comfortable.
I think she ate one because I only found one last time I checked but I'm not entirely sure since they hide in the enclosure background sometimes :|