• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Starting again

Scruffy_Nerfherder

My first time keeping a tarantula was back in approximately 2008 or ‘09 when I was just fresh out of college. My first T was a Grammostola Rosea. This was back when we were told that we needed to keep a sponge in the water to keep the tarantula from drowning. Unfortunately, I had to give it up when I moved for a job opportunity. But, it started me on wanting to keep tarantulas as pets. So fast forward approximately 14-15 years later and I finally talked my wife into letting me get a tarantula. In fact, I was able to get two because of Fear Not Tarantulas freebie deal and they were actually a Christmas present from my wife. I was able to get a Chromatopelma Cyaneopubescens and Tliltocatl Albopilosus sling. In fact, my C. Cyaneopubescens just molted today. My baby is just growing up.

My goal is to get all of the types (terrestrial ✅, arboreal, fossorial) and a Goliath Bird Eater. I’m excited to be back in the game, especially after seeing all the beautiful species that are now available. I have also uploaded my picks of my C. Cyaneopubescens. My T. Albopilosus on the other hand is playing at being fossorial and so I have yet to get good photos of it yet.
139C02D4-9BF5-4BF1-A36B-0434FBC00DEB.jpeg

Attachments

• F1A8A76F-1908-4502-9960-BFF28C04752A.jpeg
    F1A8A76F-1908-4502-9960-BFF28C04752A.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 5

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Welcome to the forum & back to the hobby.

If you buy your Theraphosa blondi as a sling, buy several, as my experience is, most turn out to be males.

Danilo

3 Year Member
Hi welcome back
I'm just returning myself and just purchased a 1.1 T.apophysis 10cm and 6 cm and a T.stirmi sling around 4cm
Good luck with your adventure

Jeef

3 Year Member
Greetings and welcome aboard! Did you have any specific ones in mind for the future other than the Therephosa? I ask because I wanted to try to stick to terrestrials and a few of the ones I got might as well be fossorial at this stage. I had a C. darlingi that came out more than my X. immanis does.

Scruffy_Nerfherder

Thank you for the warm welcome. And here are some updated pics of my Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens after its molt.

Attachments

• DD576BAD-D4B7-4383-9844-2A99DC70F909.jpeg
    DD576BAD-D4B7-4383-9844-2A99DC70F909.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
  • 164F35AE-C5A3-4293-9958-1AE975E15989.jpeg
    164F35AE-C5A3-4293-9958-1AE975E15989.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
  • 5881D0F0-EE07-4E7D-B496-79439463F2A2.jpeg
    5881D0F0-EE07-4E7D-B496-79439463F2A2.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 2

Scruffy_Nerfherder

Greetings and welcome aboard! Did you have any specific ones in mind for the future other than the Therephosa? I ask because I wanted to try to stick to terrestrials and a few of the ones I got might as well be fossorial at this stage. I had a C. darlingi that came out more than my X. immanis does.
So far, I am specifically looking at caribena versicolor for the arboreal. I’m not sure what I want for the fossorial because most are old world and while I think I may break my no old world plan, I’m not sure which one I want to get (but I’ve got time since that will be my last one). I actually do plan to get a pamphobeteus sp. ‘Machalas’ next. Those ones are just gorgeous. As to the bird eater, I’m planning on the apophysis.

Noodlelove

My first time keeping a tarantula was back in approximately 2008 or ‘09 when I was just fresh out of college. My first T was a Grammostola Rosea. This was back when we were told that we needed to keep a sponge in the water to keep the tarantula from drowning. Unfortunately, I had to give it up when I moved for a job opportunity. But, it started me on wanting to keep tarantulas as pets. So fast forward approximately 14-15 years later and I finally talked my wife into letting me get a tarantula. In fact, I was able to get two because of Fear Not Tarantulas freebie deal and they were actually a Christmas present from my wife. I was able to get a Chromatopelma Cyaneopubescens and Tliltocatl Albopilosus sling. In fact, my C. Cyaneopubescens just molted today. My baby is just growing up.

My goal is to get all of the types (terrestrial ✅, arboreal, fossorial) and a Goliath Bird Eater. I’m excited to be back in the game, especially after seeing all the beautiful species that are now available. I have also uploaded my picks of my C. Cyaneopubescens. My T. Albopilosus on the other hand is playing at being fossorial and so I have yet to get good photos of it yet. View attachment 70176
I am so incredibly happy for you I absolutely love my little land octopi. And I have a Tlitlocatl albopilosum too

Latest posts