• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Spidersworld.eu

JordG

Hi all I've recently ordered a package from spidersworld.eu H.pulchripes, m. balfouri both female so this is an expensive package. I've ordered from them before with no problems. But of course my most expensive order is the one causing me all the trouble.
They shipped out on Monday (like they normally do) for it arrive on Friday/Saturday. Although I have heard it can take a week to arrive.
On Wednesday morning it left Poland to the UK but when I go to track my order it still says its on the way to the designated country. What's going on with this?

Nunua

3 Year Member
I have had this same "problem" with tracking. Last time it kept saying "In transit to the designated country" until I suddenly got the notification that I can get the package from the local post office.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have had similar issues with packages from Poland (spidershop.pl)
I think Stansted airport is where they all arrive and sometimes the tracking info does not make it across on to the UK tracking system of Royal Fail (Mail...sorry)
I think last time it happened to me, it appeared suddenly just before it actually arrived. I do have a number for the escalation team (0345 774 0740) if you explain there is live creatures inside they generally try to find for you. The only problem may be that they say because its international there is no real deadline like there is with the UK RMSD by 1pm etc.

Good luck and I hope everything works out. Keep us updated.

JordG

Thanks for your responses, I've now have a little bit more faith. Was this the message you was getting Nunua?(screenshotted) I really hope it just randomly arrives tomorrow:(
Thanks phil I will ring them up today when I get home, I've done a little digging since I posted the thread. I went and checked my old order when them to compare the differences. It should of arrived in in HWDC Langley and then handed over to the royal mail for shipping the next day. But of course this hasnt happened. I'm wondering if customs have took a hold of it before they give to royal mail for delivery.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190621-165145_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190621-165145_Chrome.jpg
    505.3 KB · Views: 71

JordG

Also these are the differences between the two orders

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190621-165212_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190621-165212_Chrome.jpg
    665.9 KB · Views: 76
  • Screenshot_20190621-165236_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190621-165236_Chrome.jpg
    583.3 KB · Views: 73

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thanks for your responses, I've now have a little bit more faith. Was this the message you was getting Nunua?(screenshotted) I really hope it just randomly arrives tomorrow:(
Thanks phil I will ring them up today when I get home, I've done a little digging since I posted the thread. I went and checked my old order when them to compare the differences. It should of arrived in in HWDC Langley and then handed over to the royal mail for shipping the next day. But of course this hasnt happened. I'm wondering if customs have took a hold of it before they give to royal mail for delivery.
Hope this works out. although @Nunua is in Finland according to the profile so doubt she will have the same message. If I find any of my old shipping numbers I will look them up and see the history to compare.

Nunua

3 Year Member
Similar one but with Finnish Post services. This has happened with tarantulas and other stuff, no matter what country the shipment was from.
It's annoying when all you can do is to wait. But remember that tarantulas are quite hardy animals, so even if the shipment is delayed, healthy individuals will most likely be all alright. :)

JordG

Thank you for your help guys :) I will give royal mail a ring and see what they have to say. Ill be sure to keep you both updated :) fingers crossed.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Sadly Royal Mail don't track overseas parcels but if it sets your mind at rest I had one order from Poland took 11 days and all arrived safely, I've never had a DOA from Poland

MrKrowe

I received a package from spidersworld.eu last week, posted on the previous Monday, arrived the 8 days later on the following Tuesday. UK tracking information was useless, claiming it was still in the distribution centre even after it had been delivered. I’ve had dozens of packages from this company and I highly recommend them, can’t say the same of the postal service though.

Spidersworld.eu’s packaging is first class, so your spiders stand the best chance if there are long delays.

JordG

Well it seems like their isnt a point checking my tracking number every hour then and working myself up over it. Hopefully it's on the way to me now, most of my orders from spidersworld come on the Saturday rather than Friday anyway but this is the first time this here has happened. All of your messages have given me hope, unlike royal mail who still keep adding to the list on why they are the worst delivery company in the galaxy.
Will keep you all updated!

JordG

Update:
Unfortunately no sign of my Ts :( I've waited in all days for these little guys. The royal mail tracking still hasn't moved, I really dont know what to do at this point.
Hoping on Monday they will be here but I'm very doubtful now :(

menavodi

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Update:
Unfortunately no sign of my Ts :( I've waited in all days for these little guys. The royal mail tracking still hasn't moved, I really dont know what to do at this point.
Can you try to call the Royal Mail?

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Update:

I'm sure they'll be fine. As already said spidersworld.eu are extremely good at packaging their Ts so they will be safe

JordG

I'm sure they'll be fine. As already said spidersworld.eu are extremely good at packaging their Ts so they will be safe
Yeah the only thing giving me a piece of mind is I know the packaging will be top notch. The weather is pretty decent and all the Ts ive ordered are from dry climates also.
I just wish I knew where they were :(

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I've rang them up a few times now, I just get a automated robot just telling me what it says on my tracking.
If it's not here by Monday I'll give them a ring again and hopefully I'll be able to speak to a real human.

Have you checked the tracking number on the Royal Mail tracking site?

JordG

Yeah it says:
"This item is now leaving the originating country. More information will be available when it arrives in the UK" (I've posted the screenshot of it down below also)
It's been saying that now since Wednesday morning. :(

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190621-165145_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190621-165145_Chrome.jpg
    505.3 KB · Views: 12

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Yeah it says:
"This item is now leaving the originating country. More information will be available when it arrives in the UK" (I've posted the screenshot of it down below also)
It's been saying that now since Wednesday morning. :(

All incoming parcels go through customs at Langley HWDC near Slough and it seems to be a black hole, it rarely shows on tracking and that is where the hold ups usually happen.

JordG

Do you think it might be held up in customs?
I've spoken to a few guys on the royal mail fourm they said to me they cant update the tracking until customs hands it over to them.
That said theirs also a good chance royal mail dont even update the parcel anyway.
I'm tied between it being at customs and royal mail being royal mail.
I'm not sure where the hell it is :(

Latest posts