• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

spiderling help.

paolo escoto

3 Year Member
i got three 1 cm slings today (B. albo, G. pulchripes. B. vagans.). i don't have an idea on how to take care of them. so here are some questions. :D
-how do i take care of really small slings?
-how long does it take them to be half an inch?
-i only have b. lateralis roaches, how do i feed it to them?
-should i feed them only once or twice a week?
-how often do i mist their enclosures?
-aaaaand. just tell me everything you guys know about taking care of spiderlings. please? :D

spiderengineer

3 Year Member
its agreed that most sling should be in higher humid conditions in the assumption they could dry out faster. however I tend to keep my sling like I would keep their adult counter parts and have had no problems. for instance i have kept my Pterinochilus, Ceratogyrus, and Brachypelma slings dry with out any problem.

as far as feeding some are capable of eating live prey, while some will only scavenge until they get bigger. just cut up the B. lats in pieces and see if they will munch on them if not you may have to get crickets. I tend to power feed sling for a few molts to get pass that delicate phase for being so small (my paranoia). so I will feed them every three days until to speed up their molts. once I feel they are of a decent size I then start to feed them on a weekly schedule (that will have to be based on your opinion when that is).

some species are slower growers than others B. smithi is consider a slow grower they can take years to grow just one inch, while Lasiodora parahybana grow like weeds. so it varies from species to species.

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
its agreed that most sling should be in higher humid conditions in the assumption they could dry out faster. however I tend to keep my sling like I would keep their adult counter parts and have had no problems. for instance i have kept my Pterinochilus, Ceratogyrus, and Brachypelma slings dry with out any problem.

as far as feeding some are capable of eating live prey, while some will only scavenge until they get bigger. just cut up the B. lats in pieces and see if they will munch on them if not you may have to get crickets. I tend to power feed sling for a few molts to get pass that delicate phase for being so small (my paranoia). so I will feed them every three days until to speed up their molts. once I feel they are of a decent size I then start to feed them on a weekly schedule (that will have to be based on your opinion when that is).

some species are slower growers than others B. smithi is consider a slow grower they can take years to grow just one inch, while Lasiodora parahybana grow like weeds. so it varies from species to species.
This is not an assumption.it is a known fact that tarantula cuticles are not yet water tight until around 7th instar
. Spiderlings can and will dehydrate very quickly. It is best to keep their substrate moist, not wet, and feed well hydrated prey.you can also spray a few drops of water on the side of the container for small slings. By 1.5"-2" you can introduce a bottle cap water dish.

Latest posts