• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sooo this happened today.

Thistles

3 Year Member
This has me rolling.
He OK from the drop?
Yeah, he got back in the saddle. He went back into her tank but no insertions so far. He just arrived yesterday, so I think I'll let him settle in for another day or so before I make another attempt. His owner said he had already seen sperm webs and he ate a big ole roach on Sunday, so I figured there was no point in waiting.

The audio is bad, but I am laughing in the background. So much for instinct. He's huge for a MM OBT, and my girl is also a beast. He's about 4" and she's at least 6". They'll have gargantuan babies!

Austin S.

3 Year Member
Lol, maybe he is just one of those homo T's. I bet he would try mating with a penultimate male. haha, kidding. It'll happen next time you put him in there!

Thistles

3 Year Member
Lol, maybe he is just one of those homo T's. I bet he would try mating with a penultimate male. haha, kidding. It'll happen next time you put him in there!
Did you see that vid of the incei males? Too cool! I'm not worried about him but I had a laugh at his expense!

Thistles

3 Year Member
Lol...30 seconds of being a GOD! lol right @Phil lmao

@Thistles thats funny i havent seen a female that "in the mood" ever. usually the male has to approach the female
Yeah, she was into it. He vibrated a little but she initiated everything. She's a really big girl and very freshly molted. I caught him making a sperm web and tried again with similar results - she wants it and he gets on top. I've had a few other females who were pretty eager, but never a male this incompetent.

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yeah, she was into it. He vibrated a little but she initiated everything. She's a really big girl and very freshly molted. I caught him making a sperm web and tried again with similar results - she wants it and he gets on top. I've had a few other females who were pretty eager, but never a male this incompetent.
lol....hes like a nerdy little virgin spider with a big ol bertha aggressive female coming at him! lol

Thistles

3 Year Member
Update on spastic Casanova: tried again and the female was just as receptive, but he got on top. Again. Then they separated and she drummed again. Then he got back on top. Again.

Then she grabbed him off her back and ate him.

Thistles

3 Year Member
No way!!! Did she really? Guess that was enough of that.
Yeah. I feel bad for the guy but she really did give him a lot of chances. I tried to extricate him but it was a precarious position with his fangs against her and I didn't want him to nail her in return. I know he was loaded and he got on top of her so many times. I really think he just didn't know what to do and she had had enough of it.