• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

So excited

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
There really is no way you can make someone see eye to eye with you on something like this. Some people are just stubborn and ignorant. I don't mean this in a rude way of course. What I mean is that people who are afraid of spiders are typically this way because they are uneducated about them. All you can do is educate her more, but she has to be willing to learn. I understand your frustration however.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
What do you mean share she controls the purse strings in our house otherwise we would have enough guns to start a war and every available space would be filled with tarantulas and dogs. But no bills would be paid :)

In that case don't tell her you're breeding them, sell the babies, keep the money and buy more Ts lol.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Of course, I only have 30 dollars til I get paid again, because I spent too much on a spider, and have no woman to keep me from spending money like an idiot...and my favorite gun is a ruger 10/22, my dad bought it for me before he died, and this archangel stock, check this out :)
IMG_20151029_095343.jpg

Wayne harper

3 Year Member
That's actually a .22 scope, believe it or not, lol. That's the funnest rifle to shoot that I own. And I wouldn't feel under protected holding it, .22 or not :)
Nice rifle. I fancy a 10/22 ruger but I have a .22 rf on my licence already so now I have to prove to the cops why I need another. I do have space for a .17 hmr but I haven't found one I fancy at the right price yet

Christell Erasmus

3 Year Member
Hi there,
Congrats on your molt. My G. Pulchripes molted a couple of weeks ago and he also turned out male. I then talked to the tarantula breeder where I always buy my tarantulas and asked him if I could swap the male for a tiny sling in the hopes of getting a female this time. He immediately put her with a female and they got busy right away. I am not ready for breeding tarantulas yet and I don't really have the space. Perhaps you could do something like that. Then your male tarantula can serve his purpose and be happy for the remainder of his life and you get a shot at a female tarantula.
:D

Wayne harper

3 Year Member
Hi there,
Congrats on your molt. My G. Pulchripes molted a couple of weeks ago and he also turned out male. I then talked to the tarantula breeder where I always buy my tarantulas and asked him if I could swap the male for a tiny sling in the hopes of getting a female this time. He immediately put her with a female and they got busy right away. I am not ready for breeding tarantulas yet and I don't really have the space. Perhaps you could do something like that. Then your male tarantula can serve his purpose and be happy for the remainder of his life and you get a shot at a female tarantula.
:D
I might try sending him a message. Last I heard he was going more into snakes and getting rid of a load of tarantulas

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Nice rifle. I fancy a 10/22 ruger but I have a .22 rf on my licence already so now I have to prove to the cops why I need another. I do have space for a .17 hmr but I haven't found one I fancy at the right price yet
I get angry just thinking about gun restrictions..I've heard the .17 HMR is a sweet little round, I haven't owned or fired one yet though..it's supposed to be a tack driver I hear. I dialed my scope on my .22 in at 50 yards, such a fun little plinking gun..right on the money, too.

Wayne harper

3 Year Member
Yep .17 are cool I have shot a couple the round flysheet so flat you can have zero at 100 yds and still hit your target from 50 out to 200 without holding off. Only issue is they can make a right mess of bunnies if you don't get a clean through shot

Latest posts