• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Scorpion setup

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I just finished my second one. I bought two 20 lb bags of excavator clay, and when I made my first one, I used ten pounds of it, lol, on purpose, to see how it came out. I mixed it with eco earth and a small amount of sand, in a ten gallon tank. On the second one I used less than half that amount of clay. It's drying right now, almost done. I want to see which one gets better results, if at all. The temp enclosures were no good, even though I mixed sand and eco earth and sprayed and compacted it, all the tunnels collapsed. So the clay is necessary for these little diggers to make proper tunnels. Which I had read of course, but it's nice to see it for myself. Apparently they bulldoze a little harder than spiders do :)

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
no scorps for me :( at least until my son moves out to college. He can't stand them the same way i can't stand centepedes. So we compromised and i get a couple more Ts instead :D

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
no scorps for me :( at least until my son moves out to college. He can't stand them the same way i can't stand centepedes. So we compromised and i get a couple more Ts instead :D
More scorpions for me then :) Funny thing, I was going to show my friend the centipede and couldn't find it. I was thinking it escaped when I saw it moving at the very bottom of the sub. Imagine a six inch dehaani loose in your bedroom.. -.-

Latest posts