• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Roaches vs. Crickets

Gizalba

3 Year Member
Haha.Never thought about that as a water source.
I get small bags of dry water cristals from Ebay for sth like £2 and it lasts for ages(Im yet to finish the first bag and been using it fir about an year)You just put a 1/5 of a tea spoon in small jar of cooled boiled tap water and is ready in 40 min, then you store it in the fridge.
Regards Konstantin

I read that as long as roaches and crickets always have watery fruit/veg available they don't need water crystals? Mine have always lived a long time without them anyway, I often use cucumber or orange as the water sauce.

Konstantin

3 Year Member
I read that as long as roaches and crickets always have watery fruit/veg available they don't need water crystals? Mine have always lived a long time without them anyway, I often use cucumber or orange as the water sauce.
Hi
Thats true about the veggues providing water.
I however keep mine on cheap porridge oats diet and very very rarely offer vegies.Oats as we know a very nutritional and gutload the feeders well but I need the cristals to supplement them as staple feeder food.
Regards Konstantin