• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Restless spider makes good viewing

Roo

3 Year Member
Has anyone had a T' that wont sit still but isn't aggressive? Got my Desert Blonde a week or so ago and he/she wont sit still :D I'm thinking of moving it to something far bigger as it seems to like the walking space.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
It's still early days for yours lol. Some Ts take a little longer to settle (my Rosea used to wander around restlessly until she'd webbed a thin web highway all through her enclosure).
I wouldn't say some of mine are restless (most of them are visible for pretty much most of the day anyway), but my B. Boehmei juvenile for example is quite active. He seems to rest on top of his hide on one end during the night. During the day he comes to the front of the glass and either sits pretty or digs a trench, fills his water dish or just goes for a quick wander.

Roo

3 Year Member
It's still early days for yours lol. Some Ts take a little longer to settle (my Rosea used to wander around restlessly until she'd webbed a thin web highway all through her enclosure).
I wouldn't say some of mine are restless (most of them are visible for pretty much most of the day anyway), but my B. Boehmei juvenile for example is quite active. He seems to rest on top of his hide on one end during the night. During the day he comes to the front of the glass and either sits pretty or digs a trench, fills his water dish or just goes for a quick wander.

I swear the Desert Blonde knows I'm there and that it's me, keeps coming to say hello *laughs*. Well everything else I have is mostly hiding.. The Lavender Earth Tiger webs like a champion and sometimes comes out for a walk around.

Latest posts