• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Refusing food

BigTGirl93

3 Year Member
Aragon has been refusing crickets and meal worms the past two weeks. He isn't even spinning a web, or anything. He seems comfortable because I catch him grooming himself and he is always sprawled out 90% of the time. Do you think he is in pre-molt? It is really hard to tell if his abdomen is darker than usual because he has such a black furry butt anyhow haha. But whenever I present him food he will walk away from it or just rear and tap at my tongs so I am pretty puzzled. I even tried leaving one large cricket in his enclosure for an hour or two and just keep my fingers crossed that I see some scraps left over..but nothing. Need some help here guys! But on the other hand I have good news....I will be expecting a Chaco Golden Knee sling tomorrow around 10:30am!! I purchased one from Paul Becker at Pet Centers USA, he was VERY helpful with my purchase and sent me some care tips videos! I highly recommend purchasing T's from him he is awesome!! :)

Sabeth

3 Year Member
I wouldn't worry about your T...like Kenny said, it is probably premolt. Congrats on the new T, hope to see photos! :)

BigTGirl93

3 Year Member
I wouldn't worry about your T...like Kenny said, it is probably premolt. Congrats on the new T, hope to see photos! :)

Thanks Sabeth I agree with Kenny too, it just makes me feel better when I hear from another T parent. Haha and yes there will be photos he/she should be here by noon tomorrow! :D