• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

RedCapTrio's Collection for now...

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
3) Trani

Growing well also, unusual behavior is dragging its food all over its enclosure. Been having a hard time getting a photo with the roach in its fangs. :rolleyes:

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
4) Tula

This T has come out of isolation but is very skittish, could not take a decent photo ATM. Looks like it has not grown much, I do hope it has molted all those weeks it has been isolated in its burrow.

Last edited:

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
5) Abby

My this girl has grown! She is loving her hidey hole and only comes out when the lid is on. When the lid comes off, she is also off inside her hole and won't come out. But she feeds well, grabs the worms when it is near the mouth of its burrow and chases roaches when no one is watching. ;)

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
6) Emie

Became skittish after its last molt, have to remove the wood covering its burrow to take a decent shot. In this photo, it actually took down a male roach much bigger than itself and it dragged the roach down its lair. ;)

Last edited:

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
7) Andie

This red rump is becoming one of my precious jewels in my collection. Pretty good hunter and pretty entertaining to watch moving around. It has created a burrow where it drags its food in. Loves to stay near the water dish too. ;)

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
8) Tarin
I am surprised to find that I have not taken a latest photo of this smithi. It has actually started to show red colors after its last molt. I'll be sure to take lots of photos of this T to make up. :p

Update:

I was thinking of the emilia when I thought that the red has started to show. :oops:

Last edited:

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
9) Treschac and 10) Chacquatro are in premolt ATM. Could not take photos as their burrows are pretty deep and I hate disturbing them, so there. Both have shiny abdomens and no feeding for this week. :)

Update on Treschac:

Chacquatro also molted a couple of days ago but was not able to take photos.

Last edited:

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
11) Pia

My most beautiful T and the photos are crap! The enclosure does not really make good photos without taking the lids off. These photos are when Pia molted last April 14th. Today, Pia is starting to get out of the webbing it has been hiding in for most of the week. I could not get at the molt as yet as there is a roach roommate within the enclosure, a climbing roach that is and fast as lighting so no lid opening as yet while it is still alive in there. Hope Pia is up to the challenge and have its first meal soon. ;)

Last edited:

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
12) Chix

The smallest T in my collection but this one loves to eat. Chix usually gets two to three nymphs during feeding times. :D Not really powerfeeding. ;)

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
13) Genie

First photo is during feeding time a couple of days ago, thought I'd snap a photo of a heavy premolt T. And true enough, it molted tonight, nice! :cool:

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
14) Kyla

First photo is before the molt and having a male lateralis the first week of April. I don't think I have posted it yet. The molt pics from a couple days ago incidentally does not show any blue colors at all. Makes me wonder if I have been had being my first OW and all. :(

Last edited:

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
15) Nike

Had its first meal just a couple of days ago although it has a roach companion in its enclosure for a week now. It happen when I accidentally got a new roach near the head with forceps so it was near death and I just dropped it at the top of where this T is hiding. A couple of minutes later, the photo says it all. It dragged and started webbing the roach before it actually suck on it. :)

Last edited:

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Caught Abby out in the open this time

Did not bolt to her burrow when I opened the lid. :D

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Some more photos of Kyla on its first meal after the molt :T:

Can you guess what was for dinner?

Last edited:

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
16) KL

Fastest rehouse yet! It actually teleported from the dealer's container to its new home! I hope that this is actually a red color form.

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
17) Chrome

This was removed by the dealer when I ordered and was told that someone else have already got it. Fortunately, when I picked the Ts up, this one was included and almost as a freebie. Talk about lucky! :D

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
18) Dyna

Dyna rhymes with parahabyna, another challenge as both this and the chromatus are teeny tiny. Would not come out of its pill vial so I directly inserted it to the substrate. So it became a hide/burrow for Dyna. ;)

Latest posts