• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

RedCapTrio Ts

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
That's what I meant too. Oh well, its still so small though so looking forward to more years with Trani. ;)

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tartar has finally molted! Last molt was Nov. 28 and it has been on premolt for almost a month.

upload_2016-1-22_23-59-9.png

Don't you just love the "flame" knee?
upload_2016-1-23_0-0-0.png

Success!
upload_2016-1-23_0-0-52.png

And definitely male. ;)

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Starting today, am classifying this T as B. auratum unless proven otherwise! That way, I am getting another species. ;) :p

The newly molted T:

Hope you'd agree guys. :)

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Agreed. no orange i'd call it B. auratum. I want one for myself but it's down the list a ways. Very nice :)
Thanks @kormath Just one of my issues put to rest.

But wait there's more, exciting times for me! I came home to another freshly molted T, the neatest molt as of yet. ;)

Here is Dos Chac:

The exudium is neatly spread over and I puzzled as to how "she" was on the molting mat and the exudium in front of her. :confused:

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
moved it so she could rest on the mat ;) I'll have one of these next week. I can't wait to see it grow into it's colors. About what size did yours start showing colors?

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
With this molt, that makes it 11 molts this month as compared to 6 last December.

Jan 1 - Emie
Jan 5 - Pia
Jan 7 - Marbles
Jan 7 - Tarin
Jan 13 - Treschac
Jan 14 - Chacquatro
Jan 16 - Andie
Jan 21 - Tula
Jan 22 - Trani
Jan 22 - Tartar
Jan 23 - Dos Chac

Albus molted last Dec 27 and is not looking premolt as of yet so 11 this month. :D

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
moved it so she could rest on the mat ;) I'll have one of these next week. I can't wait to see it grow into it's colors. About what size did yours start showing colors?
Just after this molt did the gold become eminent. I could not measure as yet as it is huddled up. My estimate is 2 inches DLS.

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Marbles has molted

Tarin also molted, here it is sitting beside its exudium already a little bit bigger
Got sad sad news today! :(:(:( I lost my genic Marbles!

Marbles molted around Jan. 10th and I have fed it a mealworm after a week or so. It ate and after that, it went and barricaded its hide and that is it. It never went out after that although I offer pinhead roach after a week. I removed the roach after a day and looked under the hide and Marbles was still there. Then yesterday, I offer another pinhead to see if it is roaming during the night but the pinhead is still there this morning. Then looking under the hide, no T can be seen. The substrate is level and there are tiny bits of shell or exoskeleton and part of a small carapace. :( I used my forceps to dig a little but no burrow or anything.

I really don't know how it could have died or was killed by a pinhead roach?! So devastated right now and so confused. :confused::confused::confused: How could this happen?

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
try an Oligoxystre diamantinensis. They look very similar and are rarer and are smaller. It is a dwarf species from Brazil.

Oligoxystre diamantinensis (now Dolichothele diamantinensis) isn't a dwarf, it grows to around 3-4" dls whereas a true dwarf only reaches up to 2" dls

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@RedCapTrio Could you carefully , with a brush start checking through all the substrate in case its burrowed and sealed up? My vagan burrow to the bottom and fully closes about two full inches of burrow behind her..?

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I would try to do that. Thank goodness I just leave the enclosure alone for now. I will try to look at it after work and hope for the best! Thanks @Kymura

Latest posts