• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Red and White bird eater Breeding Pair

Casperroux

3 Year Member
7ce0f09911435d883f2589c9609ee9d0.jpg
cf35f6fae3480b297cab19ae7f72ba38.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Thistles

3 Year Member
She has been eating like a pig i think ill start shark tanking the male after another week

No need to shark tank. Just do what you did before and put him in on the far side of the tank. Let him find his way to her but be on standby to rescue him if she isn't receptive. Here's my girl showing 0 interest.

Attachments

• IMG_0810.JPG
    IMG_0810.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 22

Casperroux

3 Year Member
So i tried pairing them up again and planning on trying on 2 days time again...what happened was the male was receptive female did not give any response he walked up right next to her so i held my ruler right above them she then threat posed and he ran away...do you guys think i might have startled her? Can i let him touch her even though she is not receptive?

Casperroux

3 Year Member
Are you sure it was a threat pose and she wasn't just rearing up so he could access her furrow?
Well i think im sure the fact that she wasn't receptive and he ran as soon as she did makes me think it was a threat

Casperroux

3 Year Member
I tried again this morning she was i her hide and he vibrated all ovee the place....then when he vibrated infront of the hide she reared up and he ran...here is a photo of her inside her hide when she reared up/threat posed

Thistles

3 Year Member
That could go either way, but if he ran he knows best. Females do have to rear up like a threat pose in order for the male to reach under them. It can be confusing.

Casperroux

3 Year Member
So after some pain staking attempts i think i had success what do you guys think did he get her?

Latest posts