• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Red and White bird eater Breeding Pair

Casperroux

3 Year Member
Hi Guys.

Need some Advise there has been a Red and white breeding pair on sale close to me..

The male matures in april and apperantly the female is a proven breeder for 4 years..

How easy is it to breed this T?

How are they in general?

How many off spring do they get?

Im guessing it would have like most bird eaters the same behavior...

Im so sorry to bother you guys with this i just want to get as much info as possible from T lovers with experience with this T before i make the purchase

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Casperroux

3 Year Member
They have posted the google images from the Nhandu chromatus...So i believe so...its from i very well trusted breeder here so doubt they would lie about it.... the also have L. Parahybana breeding pair and B.albopolisum...since i already have an L.Klugi and L.Stratipes...i dont really want to get the L.parahybana...and i had B.Albo before that sadly passed...im just fascinated by the hopefully N.chromatus so that most definitely would be my pick from the 3

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Agree with @Johnnyp1987 . they tend to be prolific when hey breed. in he UK there are a few on line shops that give the slings away as freebies they have so many. I have 2 slings (one fromantic JohnnyP) plus another one I got free. I also have an unsexed juvie that moulted a couple of weeks ago. there is a pic in my picture link. The are good looking spiders. Good luck in whatever you decide ☺

Casperroux

3 Year Member
Definitely will if i decide to get them....im just going on holiday now and as soon as i return ill make my decision

Casperroux

3 Year Member
I tried to pair them up this morning....Thought ill join @MassExodus in building a spiderling army.....So i paired them up early this morning since we had an power outage and had nothing better to do...after flick some heres and continues trying to bite me i eventually got him in her enclosure....about 10 min in he walked straight up to her hide and started vibrating....i kept my eye on her and she gave no response....he kept on doing this for another 20 min and she didn't even moved so i decided to take him out

Casperroux

3 Year Member
The female is definitely really amazing looking after her molt she molted about 2 and a half weeks ago

Casperroux

3 Year Member
And so far i can tell these T's has attitude....when i got them and wanted to move her to her enclosure she held on for dear life to her shipping container and striking at anything moving close by....i eventually had to leave the container in her new enclosure and and hour later she dropped the threat pose

Casperroux

3 Year Member
Here is some photos i took of her when i was at work and got her within 2 hours of purchase they dropped her of

Casperroux

3 Year Member
e19065876b2ecf9cf41cc6e191bbd608.jpg

Casperroux

3 Year Member
Well i got the breeding pair for 500.00 Zar i think it would be next to nothing in other currencies

Redacted

3 Year Member
I tried to pair them up this morning....Thought ill join @MassExodus in building a spiderling army.....So i paired them up early this morning since we had an power outage and had nothing better to do...after flick some heres and continues trying to bite me i eventually got him in her enclosure....about 10 min in he walked straight up to her hide and started vibrating....i kept my eye on her and she gave no response....he kept on doing this for another 20 min and she didn't even moved so i decided to take him out

Promising. If possible, keep their enclosures side-by-side. Wouldn't hurt to feed her.

Thistles

3 Year Member
Wait until she's had a few meals. Usually about 1 month post molt is perfect. They have like 1000 babies, so brace yourself! Very beautiful species.