• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Question about my slings (feeding)...

Sabeth

3 Year Member
I've had my versi and genic slings about 2 weeks now. Both have been eating very ravenously, until a few days ago.

I feed my crickets dry oatmeal. Before killing them, I put them in an empty container and shake them around to sort of daze them. When I dump them in, some of the oatmeal makes it in as well, so the crickets emerge with a light coating of oatmeal powder.:p

Would the oatmeal cause my slings to reject the crickets? They were accepting them before the oatmeal came into the picture. I'm not worried, it hasn't been that long since they ate. I just thought slings were supposed to have tremendous appetites. Or could they both be approaching a molt?

Thanks!

Sabeth

3 Year Member
Minutes after I posted this, I checked on my slings and the versi was happily eating up the cricket (seasoned with oatmeal :p) that I had left for it. Today the genic also took a cricket. So all's well. :) I wish it was premolt, though...I want to see these babies grow!!