• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pterinochilus murinis and Aphonopelma chalcodes Care

.MIC

3 Year Member
Could anyone help me with some info I have a 4 inch aphonopelma chalcodes female I've had her for about awhile now. I wanted to know what the signs are for molting, compared to the first day that I got her she has been acting really weird staying in her hide all the time and even webbing out the entranc, and has really not shown any activity than she usually does. Another question is the I have juvenile obt she is surprisingly really slow and has not shown any signs of aggression I heard this species is extremely fast and has a bad temper and mine has shown the complete opposite, is this a sign that she is in anyway sick or did I just luck out and get a really nice obt. By the way I still respect the fact that she is a fast species spider and is always careful when transferring her or feeding her.

Tongue Flicker

3 Year Member
How long has it been since you got your obt? They tend to be sluggish after rehoming. I also have a mild-tempered but very nervous female OBT who's about 5" wide as compared to others who had defensive/aggressive obts. Ts vary in individual personality. Of course the great majority will carry on the stereotype that their species have but it not uncommon to get one that is a bit on the mild side.

.MIC

3 Year Member
Oh ok I mean I've had her for almost two months now and she's almost three inches, yea i was just wondering because i just read that this is a defensive species. I've held her with caution of course and she surprisingly walks really slow and has not once showed any agression but thanks for the info i didn't think that each T could have their own personality. Btw does the orange color get brighter as they mature because she's already looking really beautiful.

Latest posts