• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pseudoclamoris gigas sling

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I've seen P. gigas in the same spot several times and noticed it's starting to web between the stump and the side of the enclosure, just above the sub/moss.

IMG_20200409_060738.jpg

Sorry can't get a better pic of the webbing right now....

EDIT: feeding video link in next post!

Last edited:

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
This feeding video is AWESOME!
https://photos.app.goo.gl/xZZR3myFa4p8WxpT7

3 days since last feeding.
The T popped it's legs out the moment the roach hit the substrate and started moving.

The roach started burying itself in moss but the T was focused and went right in after the roach and pulled it out on camera.

You can see the fangs going in and either venom leaking out of the right-hand fang, or roach-juice leaking out lol sorry it's not so clearly-focused after zooming in

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
This feeding video is AWESOME!
https://photos.app.goo.gl/xZZR3myFa4p8WxpT7

3 days since last feeding.
The T popped it's legs out the moment the roach hit the substrate and started moving.

The roach started burying itself in moss but the T was focused and went right in after the roach and pulled it out on camera.

You can see the fangs going in and either venom leaking out of the right-hand fang, or roach-juice leaking out lol sorry it's not so clearly-focused after zooming in
That's a great take down!

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Today was a relatively blah feeding day for me.

I had one baby cricket left that just molted so I decided to give it to Gillian, the gigas.

IMG_20200414_120045.jpg

The angle of the pic makes the cricket look bigger than it really is, but it was probably a touch larger, and different looking, than the last few food items Gillian was offered.

I waited a long time but the spider didn't charge the cricket like it did roaches. I had to go back to work, and while the cricket is no longer visible in the enclosure I did not see the take down.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Gillian has not eaten during the last two feeding attempts and last time out looked super shiny and day in the back

She came out to drink (water dropped onto moss) a few days ago and then stuffed herself back into her stump hide. No pics, she'd kill me if I made her look fat.

Haven't seen her since. Expecting a molt soon.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
P. gigas molted sometime in the last 10 days.
No exo available but it's larger.
Can't get a good pic of it yet, but it had its first meal since molting today.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I fed Gillian this morning a medium sized cricket this morning and retrieved her exo, she must have just purged it from her hide last night

I did not see her get the cricket but it's gone now lol

I got a new digital microscope and used it to get some cool shots of her exo

For size, next to a US dime
S20200518_016.jpg

Most of the exo
S20200518_011.jpg

Close up of chelicerae and fangs
S20200518_013.jpg

Close up of tarsus, look at all those micro "hairs"
S20200518_015.jpg

Latest posts