• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Possible picky eater....

Armymedicbnw

I purchased my G. pulchra about 2 weeks ago. Have offered a hornworm twice. Abdomen has continued to shrink. Shows not only no interest. But tends to (for lack of a better description) go "EW. Tf is this?" And walks it's prissy ass off. I have NO IDEA what it's breeder fed it. GO FIGURE. THE ONE QUESTION I DIDN'T ASK. Maybe crickets? Or should I just wait? It's a juvenile.

Tarantula Trooper

3 Year Member
Hornworms sometimes not the best. I have some Ts that seem to not want Dubia roaches but will slam crickets, mealworms etc. I like getting soldier fly larvae and let them turn into flies. They get in and beat those wings the T's go crazy. Their great for smaller T's like slings and juvies!

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
The best food I have found for a feeding response, are crickets. I kept Dubias for a while, but many of my T's were just not interested in them. I feed all of my slings beheaded mealworms, with an occasional Morioworm. And all of my larger T's crickets of an appropriate size.

With crickets I have found with some T's.I need to keep the cricket size smaller, as anything larger stops the feeding response.

Mudring76

I purchased my G. pulchra about 2 weeks ago. Have offered a hornworm twice. Abdomen has continued to shrink. Shows not only no interest. But tends to (for lack of a better description) go "EW. Tf is this?" And walks it's prissy ass off. I have NO IDEA what it's breeder fed it. GO FIGURE. THE ONE QUESTION I DIDN'T ASK. Maybe crickets? Or should I just wait? It's a juvenile.
When's the last time it molted?

Latest posts