• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Phidippus audax!

ipreventdeath

I just caught myself a jumping spider out here in central Texas. Not sure what type it is, but its fairly large (1/4" body length at the moment) with an overall tan body. It does have some nice orange and white markings contrasted with a thick black line on its abdomen, though. Im temporarily keeping it in a tall acrylic box, measuring 1.5"x1.5"x3.5", and it seems adjusted. I was lucky enough to watch it hunt down a small cricket earlier today :).

ipreventdeath

I had to upload this video of my little jumper chomping down. It appeared to be Phidippus arizonensis or possibly Phidippus carolinensis from what I found online.
I did let the little guy go today though. Hopefully it can find a mate and make more. :)

novakdesigns

I had to upload this video of my little jumper chomping down. It appeared to be Phidippus arizonensis or possibly Phidippus carolinensis from what I found online.
I did let the little guy go today though. Hopefully it can find a mate and make more. :)
Loving the music you put with it

Latest posts