• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

PC gaming and PC building

Adraps11

3 Year Member

Another game I've been following. It's like the witcher 3 and skyrim, only without the dragons and magic. It tries to stay as historically accurate as possible.

Adraps11

3 Year Member
20160531145324_1.jpg
20160531145609_1.jpg
20160601165159_1.jpg
20160601183348_1.jpg

Some images from my heavily modded PC version of Skyrim. I'm a bit late with the heavy modding of a 4 year old Skyrim, but it can still look like it was recently released! I've steadily worked on this game for 3 weeks, tweaking files,optimizing textures, and adjusting interior and exterior lighting. The game can become a work of art in the right hands. I'm currently running 189 mods, and the limit is like 288, but there is a way around that to.

Last edited:

Adraps11

3 Year Member
It is Amazing! You can change the whole way you play the game with each playthrough. I'm finished with the graphics, Animations, gameplay mechanics, armors, and spells of skyrim, and now I'm just adding quests. I just reinstalled Fallout 4 vanilla, my first task will be installing ENB for the graphical and lighting framework, then I'll optimize vanilla textures, and then after that, I'll go over the whole game if possible! Skyrim is a real looker when modded, it runs on Directx 9 and still challenges recent Directx 11 games.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My oldest has a killer pc. He fully molded skyrim as well. Epically beautiful! I'm about to restart a man on fallout on my ps4 because my pc took a header :( (not really sad abut the fallout part though, maybe this time I'll actually do some storyline :p)

Adraps11

3 Year Member
20160603192814_1.jpg
20160603191858_1.jpg

I'm 90 mods into fallout! This killer flora and texture overhaul mod, called Resurrection, gives me a more accurate image of how things would look 200 years after nuclear war. It is so IMMERSIVE!. lol
You have to have a killer PC to run Fallout and Skyrim with 200+ mods. I'm still working on skyrim until it crashes, but took a break to mess around with Fallout 4. In my skyrim I'm about to start a quest Mod, which will allow me to Transform into a Lich King, or in my charactor's case, Queen, with some badass magical powers. I'm already a Vampire lord. I think I actually have 230 some odd mods activated in Skyrim, and I still get good frames. Seriously modding Bethesda games makes for a good learning experience, and interesting side project.

Last edited:

Adraps11

3 Year Member
20160604185208_1.jpg
20160604194019_1.jpg
20160604185410_1.jpg

I was struggling for awhile with low resolution textures in places, mostly on armor, but a little bit everywhere. I finally figured out that I had the "reservedmemorysize=" setting way off in my enb local file. Now everything is crisp. Here below is what I have replaced the game's music with.....

The Digital Nightmare mod for FO4 by neptuneuk.

Last edited:

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My middle son is very into all things pc. He's in the design stages of a little game he's putting together. His pc could run it easily, unfortunately I'm stuck with the ps4 :( once things settle then I'll rebuild a decent game machine.

Adraps11

3 Year Member
LOL not the ps4! They are coming out with support for mods with the ps4 version soon, or maybe they already have. I know the xbox one version has over 800 mods for it already.

Adraps11

3 Year Member
I feel the need for a new GPU. 8gb of ram would be really nice for the modding of Skyrim and FO4. There is always a new "GPU King" around the corner with the way AMD and Nvidia go at each other in the marketplace.

Adraps11

3 Year Member
I can't get fallout 4 to run stable in the Boston area, I get fps drops from 60 all the way down to 15, even with the resurrection mod that overhauls the landscape uninstalled. Skyrim can run with over 200 mods, but it has many memory management tools that help prevent instability and crashes. GPU and CPU usage are good, it's just that fallout 4's engine is basically the same one that runs skyrim. Mods will fix that in time. I'm stressed by life right now, and just need to not obsess over games. Medicaid ****ed up my paperwork, and I was unable to pay for a key medication, ran out of it, and now I'm experiencing withdrawl, which feels a lot like depression. Rant Over. **** depression. I want to Strangle the person in Indianapolis, who brushed our paperwork aside!

Adraps11

3 Year Member
I can't get fallout 4 to run stable in the Boston area, I get fps drops from 60 all the way down to 15, even with the resurrection mod that overhauls the landscape uninstalled. Skyrim can run with over 200 mods, but it has many memory management tools that help prevent instability and crashes. GPU and CPU usage are good, it's just that fallout 4's engine is basically the same one that runs skyrim. Mods will fix that in time. I'm stressed by life right now, and just need to not obsess over games. Medicaid ****ed up my paperwork, and I was unable to pay for a key medication, ran out of it, and now I'm experiencing withdrawl, which feels a lot like depression. Rant Over. **** depression. I want to Strangle the person in Indianapolis, who brushed our paperwork aside!

A few hours later I'm much more calm! My chest is a little tight from the withdrawl, but I have the med back. LOL The modded FO4 game seems to be running smoother tonight, I think some processes may be running in the background, and are messing with the game's stability. I'll mess around with the Fallout 4 Priority and a few processes, but nothing major that ends up stressing me out. Skyrim is more relaxing for me to play, simply because of it's fantasy atmosphere. If you're on the edge of a panic or anxiety attack, FO4 with a modded a horror soundtrack mod, may not be the best thing!

Adraps11

3 Year Member
20160608123845_1.jpg
20160608124040_1.jpg
20160608124456_1.jpg

Some images in skyrim after I had installed Rocks, mountains, and Terrain that support Parallax depth. It really makes things pop out. I uninstalled Fallout 4 because with or without mods it stutters and micro freezes every few minutes making it unplayable. Skyrim on the other hand runs just fine, when I think it should be in crash city by now.

Adraps11

3 Year Member
I'm surprised my GPU is able to handle it, but UgridsToLoad was a constant problem, every time I would cross a cell border the game would stutter, making me think it was the 2K texture packs I had installed. I finally stumbled across an instruction set on the mod nexus, called Real UgridsToLoad Solution, I Tweaked quite a few settings under [General] in the Skyrim ini file and BAM! 58 frames per second, no cell stutter, no sacrificing of visual quality. An R 290 is getting a bit long in the tooth, but is still a powerful GPU. You just really have to know how to optimize the proper settings. The game's own optimization plays a role to. A few months ago I was able to play Fallout 4 with the environment mostly Vanilla. with around 100 mods and no freezing or stuttering, my gpu OC and CPU OC settings were the same as they are now. I think that FO4 is still in that stage where Bethesda's patches, break as much as they fix! I'm going to try a to play a vanilla install and see if I get the same unstable results. Mod Manager still has all of my FO4 mods stored, ready for install.

Adraps11

3 Year Member
20160610185914_1.jpg
20160611095337_1.jpg
20160611095455_1.jpg
20160612144221_1.jpg

The Bottom image was taken after I completed the majority of the Undeath Quest, to become an undead lich. I still don't have everything ready to perform the ritual, but I did pick up a spell that summons the Seekers from Apocryphia! Predator is in there, cause I have the mods installed with Mod Manager, I can tick and untick them anytime without screwing up the game. I have my Pred saves, then I have my more lore friendly High Elven Vampire saves

Last edited:

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
fallout 4 has mods on the xbox one? guess i've been having way to much fun just playing the vanilla to notice ;) now i have something to check out when i get home from work lol.

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
I can now join in on this conversation! My boyfriend and I are building my computer, and we just oredered all the pieces tomorrow. I picked out all the outer pieces, and let him pick out the important bits to make it actually work as he that's what he went to (technical high) school for (even if he is not in such a job now). I tend to play Diablo, League of Legends and the SIMs but now my options can expand more..soon. Once they come in and he builds its..then I'll post pics...I could do my cart (Newegg) but IDK who would want to see that haha.