• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pamphobeteus species

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Pamphobeteus insignis sub adult female (recently molted)
1493756839830275017134.jpg

Pamphobeteus platyomma adult female
IMG_20170316_204920507.jpg

Pamphobeteus mascara juvie pair
IMG_20170319_093851965.jpg

IMG_20170319_093735111.jpg

Last edited:

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Lol, every time I get t's from Casey, they got huge booties. She likes big butts and she cannot lie, you other brothers can deny..:D Btw Casey those mascara have both molted, the orange color surprised me, stunning color changes on these blonde beauties. They may edge Pamphobeteus over Phormictopus in my favorite genus catagory..

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Lol, every time I get t's from Casey, they got huge booties. She likes big butts and she cannot lie, you other brothers can deny..:D Btw Casey those mascara have both molted, the orange color surprised me, stunning color changes on these blonde beauties. They may edge Pamphobeteus over Phormictopus in my favorite genus catagory..

What can I say?? They get it from their owner. ;). Oh yeah, mascara are one of my favorite pampho's! Oh and the insignis pictured recently molted....now it's time to start working on her ghetto! Lol.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I know this is going off topic but @MassExodus you being a Phormictopus connoisseur, what's the most attractive one mate? I only have Cancerides but I'd like another few of that genus...
I'm a huge fan of the greens, but I love all of them. If I had to choose it would be the one I can't find, the golden platus. The males are stunning..the females are cool, but like all Pamphobeteus and Phormictopus, the males take the cake.

Nicolas C

3 Year Member
Well, it's called platus, but take a look at @Nicolas C 's pic thread..they're stunning. Fresh from a molt they shine like gold. Wait, maybe I was thinking of auratus..
According to some hungarian breeders, P platus are in fact P auratus. Don't know if it's true, but they really look the same. And they are stunning as you said, even the female.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Doc Miller

3 Year Member
Yes Shampain I've bred several species of T's over the past few years. Some several times. M. balfouri, P cambridgei, L. difficilis, L. parahybana, Acanthoscuria geniculata, Acanthoscurria theraphosoides( brocklehursti), Plesiopelma sp Peruvian Bronze Valentine, N chromatus. P sp platyomma, P antinous, C ritae, T stirmi.
I've been posting some of my vids on the Tarantula Forum Topics section in breeding post.
So far this year Ive paired 2 big P muticus, & 2 H himalayana and 1 of my female T stirmi just molted a week ago. I'll pair her in a few weeks.
No Doc's just a moniker.
Where's everyone from?

Last edited:

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Yes Shampain I've bred several species of T's over the past few years. Some several times. M. balfouri, P cambridgei, L. difficilis, L. parahybana, Acanthoscuria geniculata, Acanthoscurria theraphosoides( brocklehursti), Plesiopelma sp Peruvian Bronze Valentine, N chromatus. P sp platyomma, P antinous, C ritae, T stirmi.
I've been posting some of my vids on the Tarantula Forum Topics section in breeding post.
So far this year Ive paired 2 big P muticus, & 2 H himalayana and 1 of my female T stirmi just molted a week ago. I'll pair her in a few weeks.
No Doc's just a moniker.
Where's everyone from?

Well, I'm a Southern gal, from South Carolina.... my friend @Shampain is from Scotland. My buddy @MassExodus is from my home state of Texas.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Married ? children ?
I have kids but I will NEVER get married EVER again. Just a BS piece of paper you sign agreeing to live a life of hell....and then when you try to get out of that legal and binding f*in contract, it's even MORE hell after the fact. Screw it. If you love someone you love them. You don't need a piece of paper to tell you that you do. (Sorry....had a bad day)....

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have kids but I will NEVER get married EVER again. Just a BS piece of paper you sign agreeing to live a life of hell....and then when you try to get out of that legal and binding f*in contract, it's even MORE hell after the fact. Screw it. If you love someone you love them. You don't need a piece of paper to tell you that you do. (Sorry....had a bad day)....
That was very well said Casey, don't apologize;)