• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

ON THEIR WAY!! :)

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I already have an N. sp Guyana which has a blueygreen colour but I fell for this one as soon as I saw it.

Neostenotarsus sp Suriname (picture from Spidersworld.eu)

Last edited:

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
They r here! :) But now i am flooded with a bunch of NOOB feelings. I guess in my mind they werent going to be this tiny. so i have to admit im really nervous now. lol I have never raised them from this small they cant be more than 3rd instar. Its and LP and a G. Pulchripes. ok so i have them in deli cups and i misted the sides as they have no room for water dishes. what do i have to watch for with these guys. I was expecting spiders i could put in a bigger enclosure and give them water dishes and food and dry sub and be all set. ...they just seem so fragile...im freaking out a bit. lol

Attachments

• G. Pulchripes 11-4-15.jpg
    G. Pulchripes 11-4-15.jpg
    884.9 KB · Views: 14
  • LP 11-4-15.jpg
    LP 11-4-15.jpg
    702.5 KB · Views: 13

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
They r here! :) But now i am flooded with a bunch of NOOB feelings. I guess in my mind they werent going to be this tiny. so i have to admit im really nervous now. lol I have never raised them from this small they cant be more than 3rd instar. Its and LP and a G. Pulchripes. ok so i have them in deli cups and i misted the sides as they have no room for water dishes. what do i have to watch for with these guys. I was expecting spiders i could put in a bigger enclosure and give them water dishes and food and dry sub and be all set. ...they just seem so fragile...im freaking out a bit. lol
OMG how tiny! The LP is about the same size mine was when he/she arrived. Before not too long it'll be double that and I'm sure the Grammy will grow fast(ish) at the beginning, too.

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
So caring for these little buggers...i just keep the sides of their enclosures moist? or do i have to let them dry out from time to time. slings dehydrate way easier right?

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
So caring for these little buggers...i just keep the sides of their enclosures moist? or do i have to let them dry out from time to time. slings dehydrate way easier right?

I spray the side every couple of days, not too much though otherwise the substrate gets too wet.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I used small flat Lego bricks or the bottom bits of birthday candle holders as water dishes. Or just gently drop a couple of drops of water down the side or onto a fake leaf. I don't think dehydration is a big issue that way. They should get hydration through their meals. My LP wouldn't take any live prey when it was that size, I just killed small crickets (2nd instar) or roach nymphs ore cute up the occasional mealie for it.

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I spray the side every couple of days, not too much though otherwise the substrate gets too wet.
ok so im freaking for nothing it seems...just give them water every couple of days, but on the side instead of having a water dish...and i am power feeding these pups till they are a little bit bigger. I feel like im gonna break them breathing on them . lol the Chaco gave me a teeny tiny threat pose and then put its butt in the air. i tried to get a pic of that but i missed it. lol

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I used small flat Lego bricks or the bottom bits of birthday candle holders as water dishes. Or just gently drop a couple of drops of water down the side or onto a fake leaf. I don't think dehydration is a big issue that way. They should get hydration through their meals. My LP wouldn't take any live prey when it was that size, I just killed small crickets (2nd instar) or roach nymphs ore cute up the occasional mealie for it.
Thanks fuzzy yeah i will do that! Thanks. :)

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
This was the LP's first tub and his "dish"
VYNWZCZ.jpg

The little dud after (I think) his 2nd molt with me (+ dog hair lol)
D2APSXY.jpg

Latest posts