• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Not a Tarantula… a garden Spider? Oh the irony.

WolfieKate

My beginner Tarantula arrives on Tuesday and I’m very excited but after a spot of gardening 2 days ago I received this on my wrist. Do you think it was a Spider? I was aggressively cutting back some climbing plants. Keeping an eye on it but after treating it seems to have dried up. If it was a spider, Oh the irony… never had a bite like this before as mosquitos tend to leave one puncture. The spiders in my garden are big this year, we’ve had a really warm spring/summer.

Attachments

• 914A681A-E847-4F21-BC58-81CABBCF876C.jpeg
    914A681A-E847-4F21-BC58-81CABBCF876C.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 23

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
It could have been plant sap or any number of different creepy crawlies.

Although I have heard you have the False Red Barron Spider in the Bristol area now. This has a leg span of around 1 meter, or just under 3 feet if you prefer & it has the habit. Scientists tells us. Of hiding in undergrowth & then silently & invisibly attacking with total ferocity anyone who dares to disturb it. The venom is said to be similar to a Black Mamber snakes & limbs are known to drop off after exhibiting a red area similar to yours. Although some do manage to keep all their limbs during the few minutes prior to death from such a bite, so don't worry too much.
:beer: :T:

WolfieKate

It could have been plant sap or any number of different creepy crawlies.

Although I have heard you have the False Red Barron Spider in the Bristol area now. This has a leg span of around 1 meter, or just under 3 feet if you prefer & it has the habit. Scientists tells us. Of hiding in undergrowth & then silently & invisibly attacking with total ferocity anyone who dares to disturb it. The venom is said to be similar to a Black Mamber snakes & limbs are known to drop off after exhibiting a red area similar to yours. Although some do manage to keep all their limbs during the few minutes prior to death from such a bite, so don't worry too much.
:beer: :T:
Well we do have Lesser Spotted 8 legged Wurzles… they can be sedated with Cider or the local moonshine. Alright my luvver… I bin smoothin my cat. While the kiddies on the sliders. I hope no Bristolians read that… I won’t just have a wee bite.

Latest posts