• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Not a shampain video.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
There is more to come let me just put it that way, stay tuned

Also cop gloves, the problem is that it can just walk across them and then they're useless. It would be like a beekeeper only wearing half the costume

You can also wear a loose fitting long sleeve shirt & tuck it into the gloves.

Most tarantulas won't run up your arm biting all the way. (H minax is an exception)

In the case of pokies, I feel black world be the best color so you can see them.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Once again...for the newbies. If you need to wear gloves that will damage your spiders fangs, maybe you dont need that spider?
Once again...for the newbies. If you need to wear gloves that will damage your spiders fangs, maybe you dont need that spider?

The gloves are Kevlar, not metallic. The material bends easily enough. You just can't cut or tear it. If stabbed, slashed or bitten, it would simply bend or maybe even fold if a human attacker was swinging a knife at you.

I tried stabbing them with a sewing needle first. Nothing happened to the needle & it won't get stuck in the glove either. A small dimple appeared in the glove.

I'm sure that they are 100% spider safe!!

Wearing goggles due to the urticating hairs also isn't a bad idea either, far cheaper then a trip to the hospital.

The gloves I showed are the thicker older ones. I have a newer pair that are even more pliant and cut resistant but they are also very expensive.... a lot more!!

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The gloves are Kevlar, not metallic. The material bends easily enough. You just can't cut or tear it. If stabbed, slashed or bitten, it would simply bend or maybe even fold if a human attacker was swinging a knife at you.

I tried stabbing them with a sewing needle first. Nothing happened to the needle & it won't get stuck in the glove either. A small dimple appeared in the glove.

I'm sure that they are 100% spider safe!!

Wearing goggles due to the urticating hairs also isn't a bad idea either, far cheaper then a trip to the hospital.

The gloves I showed are the thicker older ones. I have a newer pair that are even more pliant and cut resistant but they are also very expensive.... a lot more!!
In another post you talked about a ski mask. So, you wear goggles, gloves and a ski mask when doing maintenance? :D Lmao! To each their own though. I usually do maintenance in my underwear, that way if one gets silly I can kick urticating hairs at it.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Goggles -- not normally, but if I'm doing a full tear down on a NW cage, it's nice to avoid those hairs!!

Ski mask -- is useful because if you sneeze or breathe to hard, it diffuses the air to avoid spooking the tarantula. Those hairs or whatever makes me sneeze nearly every time.

Anti needle stick gloves -- got tagged once by a NW after watching tarantulaguy1976 get nailed by a pokie, I'm not eager to confirm those results for myself!!

I don't use anything like that to feed it or filling the water dish or for slings.

Last edited:

spodermin

Goggles -- not normally, but if I'm doing a full tear down on a NW cage, it's nice to avoid those hairs!!

Ski mask -- is useful because if you sneeze or breathe to hard, it diffuses the air to avoid spooking the tarantula. Those hairs or whatever makes me sneeze nearly every time.

Anti needle stick gloves -- got tagged once by a NW after watching tarantulaguy1976 get nailed by a pokie, I'm not eager to confirm those results for myself!!

I don't use anything like that to feed it or filling the water dish or for slings.

That's fair and honestly don't worry if you get made fun of for putting your hazmat suit on to deal with T's, it's us who will suffer the consequences. Better safe than sorry. I'm js steve irwin was my role model and he never wore gloves and goggles lmao