• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Nice find while grocery shopping.

Therasoid

3 Year Member
Found these while wandering down an aisle I rarely stroll. Not large at 23"X13"X30", but holds 160lbs. per shelf and just $15 each. So I bought 2 and plan to stack them with fabricated couplings. Already have a spot in the T room for it.
Plus had 8 small protection pieces that will be used as water dishes. 25¢ piece is just for size reference. [emoji4]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1436211323848.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1436211323848.jpg
    344.4 KB · Views: 60
  • uploadfromtaptalk1436211476538.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1436211476538.jpg
    281 KB · Views: 59
  • uploadfromtaptalk1436211579272.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1436211579272.jpg
    322 KB · Views: 59

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Is that from Aldi (just asking because of the yellow number and I have a similar one from there (aldi UK, too)?

Therasoid

3 Year Member
Picture of the pair, assembled and stacked, these are quite sturdy.
Will be leveling and loading the shelves with T's tonight at feeding time. Recently bought some scorplings, so another pair of shelf units will be bought just for scorpion enclosures. Lol! Everyone thinks T's are addictive, try staying with one scorpion species. [emoji6]
@Fuzzball79, Yes, I have an Aldi 1/2 mile from me. Small store with an incredible amount of products.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1436283884053.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1436283884053.jpg
    442.3 KB · Views: 20

Therasoid

3 Year Member
Update:
Couldn't wait til feeding time. Slings being kept in "slingubator" will normally feed no matter the time.
Fed all and placed the more mature species on the new rack assembly. Although not completely filled, got a good start, more rearranging to do.
Three new molts from different species were found.
[emoji4]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1436296345620.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1436296345620.jpg
    400.4 KB · Views: 22

Ghost

3 Year Member
It's great what you can find for your T's when out grocery shopping,I'm also always looking for stuff for my T's when out shopping it drives my wife mad lol.

Oh and please don't post any pics of your scorpions I've not kept any in about 5 years and I don't want pulled back in lol...

Therasoid

3 Year Member
It's great what you can find for your T's when out grocery shopping,I'm also always looking for stuff for my T's when out shopping it drives my wife mad lol.

Oh and please don't post any pics of your scorpions I've not kept any in about 5 years and I don't want pulled back in lol...
Sorry Ghost, scorplings are in the acrylic (small) upper right in the photo. Hiding under the cork slab all 7 of 'em. Lol!
My 1st species, C. gracilis, was impulse buy from a friend at a recent reptile show.
Btw, you attempted building any enclosures yet?

Ghost

3 Year Member
Sorry Ghost, scorplings are in the acrylic (small) upper right in the photo. Hiding under the cork slab all 7 of 'em. Lol!
My 1st species, C. gracilis, was impulse buy from a friend at a recent reptile show.
Btw, you attempted building any enclosures yet?

Okay I'm not looking Lol..

No I've not attempted to build any enclosures yet unless you count buying the acrylic Lol,once I'm Finnished building my T shed I'm going to give it a try but I don't promise that they will be much good Lol....

Therasoid

3 Year Member
nice find ;)
Thanks.
Just got their flyer for next week and will have larger units (54"X36"X14") available. I do prefer the metal type as they allow for better air circulation and adjustable shelves (1" increments). Big pluses over wood/composite shelf systems. IMHO [emoji4]