• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

newbie to the forum

ryan w

3 Year Member
hi all, my name is Ryan. I'm from the u.k. I'm 33 yrs old and have been keeping inverts and reptiles since my 10th birthday. Currently I keep t.ockerti, g.pulchripes, c.cyaneopubescans, h.villosella. A flag tailed centipede, Asian forest scorpion and shed loads of reptiles and amphibians

ryan w

3 Year Member
a retic, sharp strain boa, western hognose, mexi bairds rat, Texas rat, Brazilian rainbow boas, corns and royals. A couple of beardies, a Yemen chameleon and various frogs and toads.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi Ryan and welcome. I'm in the UK too, in fact there are quite a few of us on here.

ryan w

3 Year Member
thanks, I'm enjoying the forum so far. I find the uk tarantula specific forums abit stagnant, even the invert section of rfuk is slow going these days

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
RFUK was always more snake orientated but it got very *****y.

ryan w

3 Year Member
Yes, can be petty, also, it should be called the royal python forum now, I tend to just browse the classifieds on it now if I'm after something specific, where as I use to have a good scan of the whole forum daily. Royals aren't really my thing, we have two but they're my partners.

ryan w

3 Year Member
And yes tarantula guy, I like snakes! What gave that away lol. They are my true passion, but it started with arachnids. Got a good old chile rose for my tenth birthday. She's still around now, although not in my care. She was a juvie then so would estimate her being about 25 yrs old!!!

Fleas

3 Year Member
Hi welcome to the forum am sooo jealous that you had a Chilean rose at the age of 10 I might not be as addictive that I am now lol

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@ryan w I too used to be on there a lot but I had to sell all my snakes a few years back and now just have 1 royal. It's much more friendly on here.

Latest posts