• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Newbie from Katy, TX

Katy_Joe

3 Year Member
Hi everybody! Hello from Katy, TX! I'm Joe and have had my rose hair named Harry (pictured getting a drink) for about 7 years. I'm looking to connect with people who have or know a lot about the Goliath Bird Eater, T. Blondi. I'm thinking of getting one and need some advise. Thanks!

MatthewM1

3 Year Member
Welcome =)

Theraphosa blondi are rare and expensive here in the states. You'll probably have to do quite a bit of searching and waiting to find one. T. stirmi are alot easier to find and are alot cheaper.

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Welcome aboard Joe. I have a 10" female T. blondi. My personal favorite!

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi everybody! Hello from Katy, TX! I'm Joe and have had my rose hair named Harry (pictured getting a drink) for about 7 years. I'm looking to connect with people who have or know a lot about the Goliath Bird Eater, T. Blondi. I'm thinking of getting one and need some advise. Thanks!
Hello and welcome
Those are in my opinion beautiful specimens,where I am hard to find. People seem to keep stirmi rather than blondi,I have no experience with these but I suspect easier to come by and hardier.

Katy_Joe

3 Year Member
Thanks for the welcomes! Question, I have an aquarium that's 60"L x 18"D x 20"H. Is this way too big for a t. blondi?

Latest posts