• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Ts coming Thursday as consolation.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
After losing 2 of my new Ts, my Phlogiellus sp. karon died after only 5 hours and my beautiful Paraphysa sp. "Tiger" died today only 12 days after its arrival, I received a refund for the Phlogiellus sp. karon so I decided to buy 2 new ones.

I have ordered a Cyclosternum pentalore and an Avicularia sp. "Aurora", yes I'm taking the plunge and getting an Avic.

Last edited:

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Sorry to hear that Enn :( ...Good luck with ur new T's :)

Thanks Entity on both counts. I shall be interested to see how the Avic. turns out as there don't seem to be any pics of adults.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
You're right, I can't seem to find any pics neither. "Aurora" gives the impression it's going to be beautiful, but then aren't all Avics?

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
You're right, I can't seem to find any pics neither. "Aurora" gives the impression it's going to be beautiful, but then aren't all Avics?

This is the pic on the shop's website of the sling

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hmm...well u will have to supply us with some pics then! :)

Don't worry I will, you'll probably get fed up with seeing them.

Sorry to hear of your loss. Any idea why they died?

The Phlogiellus sp. karon was a bit slow as I unpacked it but seemed to perk up after it warmed up a bit although there was a heat pad in the box with them and the tiny one that came with it is fine. About an hour after it arrived it started twitching its legs, when it stopped twitching I'd hoped it would be ok but a few hours later it was dead.

The Paraphysa sp. "Tiger" was fine in the morning but dead by evening. No apparent reason, it had been lively, had eaten twice and I'd seen it drink

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Well, thank you very much, Enn! My wishlist (that I'm not allowed to fulfill at the moment) has just grown bigger, lol.
That is one beautiful creature.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Aww man that is awesome!

Isn't it? I just sat with my mouth open when I saw it, gobsmacked to say the least. I can't believe I will have one tomorrow.

Well, thank you very much, Enn! My wishlist (that I'm not allowed to fulfill at the moment) has just grown bigger, lol.

Sorry Fuzzball. This forum does the same to me especially Martin's pics.

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Fuzzy,

I feel ur pain. My wife is a girly girl so spiders freak her out. I am limited to only two right now. She takes alot of work! lol All i hear is " You are not filling the house with damn spiders!" lmao. oh well guess im restricted to my b. smithi and the GBB that i have coming thursday. lol....for now.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Fuzzy,

I feel ur pain. My wife is a girly girl so spiders freak her out. I am limited to only two right now. She takes alot of work! lol All i hear is " You are not filling the house with damn spiders!" lmao. oh well guess im restricted to my b. smithi and the GBB that i have coming thursday. lol....for now.

I can sympathise with her as I have always been terrified of spiders. My son had his Ts and I gradually got used to them being around and decided to buy myself one now I have 23, 25 tomorrow, but I'm still not sure about spiders around the house although I think the slings have helped me more than the bigger Ts. Be patient and your wife may yet come round to a love of the big furry ones.

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I sure hope so Enn. There are many others that i would like to have...i even offered to get her one to care for to see if that would change her mind..."Are u F***ing nuts!" was the reply...lol

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I sure hope so Enn. There are many others that i would like to have...i even offered to get her one to care for to see if that would change her mind..."Are u F***ing nuts!" was the reply...lol

I think I used very similar words when my sons were younger and dragged me into a pet shop trying to persuade me to let them have one.

Latest posts