• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

CritterKeeper79

My T. Albo nicaraguan is a cool dude. He is usually so chill. But the feeding response is out of this world. He literally leaps at the tongs and hangs off them.

I can see how newbies might be frightened to handle a T that does this

The reality is; once he is well fed, he is calm

He's only defensive when he's a hungry boy
The T. albo I was gifted, is kind of a psycho. It’s the most wild T I’ve had so far. Everytime I go to feed or water, it goes bananas. It’s also got speed for what’s considered to be a slower tarantula.

CritterKeeper79

Sorry, wasn’t trying to derail the post. Just know every tarantula is different. You can say the species is docile 99% of the time. There’s always that one that thinks it’s an old world. On the opposite, there’s old worlds that behave like they’re new worlds. So I treat the all like they’re potential biters. Handling is a necessary, in fact it’s probably better for you and the tarantula not to handle. Nothing against those who do though.

Mundo exotico

Hello and wecome. I would advise arboreal or terrestrial. For arboreal I would go for caribena versicolor or. For terrestrial I would go for tiltocalt Albopilosum or tiltocalt vagans. You will find a lot of good information here and reliable sellers.

Spiders&Snakes

Hello and wecome. I would advise arboreal or terrestrial. For arboreal I would go for caribena versicolor or. For terrestrial I would go for tiltocalt Albopilosum or tiltocalt vagans. You will find a lot of good information here and reliable sellers.
I have both of these, and they are both psycho's

So it really depends on the individual

I'm not sure that the OP is still monitoring this thread though. They havent been on here since they posted this. Perhaps we scared her off!!!

ArachnoHorn

3 Year Member
Welcome! Since your a newbie, get an old world T. Old worlds are usually chiller and calmer than new world Ts. Please make sure you do a lot of research before you buy the T.

Some Species I recommend as beginners.

1. G.Pulchra

They are beautiful and they are not that defensive.

2. B. Smithi

One of the most well known Ts

3. Tliltocatl albopilosus

Like a fuzzy, giant teddy bear

4. Eupalaestrus campestratus

Common name Pink zebra beauty for a reason

CritterKeeper79

Welcome! Since your a newbie, get an old world T. Old worlds are usually chiller and calmer than new world Ts. Please make sure you do a lot of research before you buy the T.

Some Species I recommend as beginners.

1. G.Pulchra

They are beautiful and they are not that defensive.

2. B. Smithi

One of the most well known Ts

3. Tliltocatl albopilosus

Like a fuzzy, giant teddy bear

4. Eupalaestrus campestratus

Common name Pink zebra beauty for a reason
Is this reverse psychology?