• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New to the hobby

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
A 12oz deli cup would be perfect - it's no good putting cardboard in that enclosure it would go soggy and mouldy, I believe you can easily get hold of deli cups in places like Walmart ect for free? :)

Costa cam

image.jpg

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
It may look big but it’s not
It's better than the big enclosure :)
Just make sure you have plenty of very small ventilation holes poked through (make sure they are not big enough for the T to escape from) and ensure that it has some sort of hide (a piece of bark will do) so it feels sheltered
It should settle in after a few days :)

Costa cam

Thank you ilovebrachys should I find a hide for her or will she burrow on her own. I woke up this morning and she was in a hole eating a cricket I think she was but i know I didn’t make the hole well atleast I don’t remember making one but she is more active and moving around I’ll get you some pictures my dad ordered a breeding mealworm kit so we can cut up mealworms and give em to her she also ate it was so fascinating what do I put her in when she grows out of that? And we’re should I buy the enclosure for her to grow in. And how many times do I feed her because theres so many mixed answers. I’ll send over some pictures of her.

Mundo exotico

And do you think she looks healthy
Looks healthy. Nice baby. I can advice also not to mist too much enclosure or you will have molt. And dont mist directy on the spider. You can put a cap of plastic bottle full with water so it keeps more humidity without getting dumped with water. Welcome to hobby.. You did a nice choice for 1st T. They tend to burrow a bit so if you dont see her for a while dont worry

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thank you ilovebrachys should I find a hide for her or will she burrow on her own. I woke up this morning and she was in a hole eating a cricket I think she was but i know I didn’t make the hole well atleast I don’t remember making one but she is more active and moving around I’ll get you some pictures my dad ordered a breeding mealworm kit so we can cut up mealworms and give em to her she also ate it was so fascinating what do I put her in when she grows out of that? And we’re should I buy the enclosure for her to grow in. And how many times do I feed her because theres so many mixed answers. I’ll send over some pictures of her.
A small piece of bark will do as a hide just so she can burrow away and feel safe, she may dig herself a burrow out of the substrate but it's nice to give the option of a hide if she wants one,
She looks very healthy and you can offer her a cricket or mealworm piece a couple of times a week if she hasn't eaten it buy the following morning remove it :)
She will be fine in the enclosure she is in now for quite a while before she needs upgrading to something bigger but you can move her back into the original enclosure she had when she grows on :)
@Mundo exotico is right too about misting your T you can keep the sub slightly damp to the touch and just leave a pill blister (that's been washed out) or bottle cap for water in there for her :)

SpoodDude

Hello to whoever sees this I was wondering for it was a right choice to get a Costa Rican zebra also known as Aphonopelma Seemanni. I’m new to this stuff and I don’t think i made the right choice on what spider to get I got this one no knowing there were skiddish and very fast. I’m a little stupid I’m worrying that i might kill her I have absolutely no clew what to feed her she’s a spiderling I don’t think I made the right choice. Do u have any advice?
First of all, congratulations on asking for advice. That’s the first step. Second, seemannis are More of a fossorial species so you’ll need to keep her in something with plenty of substrate and provide a hide. As far as feeding, crickets or roaches will do fine. Be sure to remove any uneaten crickets after a few hours because they will chew on your spider if it molts. If you’ve got some pictures to post of the enclosure I can give you some pointers.

Latest posts