• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Tarantula fan.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I only saw one colour. Are they listed under different names?
Not specifically, no, and according to the thread I found elsewhere, the blue color morph is result of breeding the green and dark-types

Dark
Dd dark.jpg

Green
Dd green.jpg

Blue
Dd blue.jpg

Photos are "watermarked" @arachnid.addicted because that is who these belong to and who took the pictures, they are not a member here

I have requested to re-post them here and if they do not approve I will have to pull them down

Mrjuve

Thanks for all your help. I now have about 10 that I would like! Saw a picture of Cyriocosmus hoeferi but couldn't find much information on them. Also read a bit about Cyriocosmus giganteus and Cyriocosmus leetzi. Both stunning. Looks like I have plenty more research to do and possible look at a little more space. Where do you guys keeper you Ts? Is it dedicated rooms or in the lounge etc?
Thanks

Mrjuve

Hello & welcome to the forum. As Enn49 says above the H chilensis are incredibly slow growing. I brought 2 tiny slings last summer & both have possibly molted once & both are still only about 5mm.

I have read alot about the fact they take forever to grow which seems why there are not many sub adults or adults avaliable. Did your source from uk or germany? It appears Germany do lots of trade in Ts.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Did your source from uk or germany?

I brought two at the Bedford Invert show back in September & they are still pretty much the same size, they have molted, but they are still not bigger than the 5mm slings I brought. My Aphonopelma johnnycashi a few months before that & they too are about the same size. It is just what happens with some species.

Poland can be a good European source for T's, price wise. Or Poland can be a good choice, when the postal system is working like it should be.

Mrjuve

I brought two at the Bedford Invert show back in September & they are still pretty much the same size, they have molted, but they are still not bigger than the 5mm slings I brought. My Aphonopelma johnnycashi a few months before that & they too are about the same size. It is just what happens with some species.

Poland can be a good European source for T's, price wise. Or Poland can be a good choice, when the postal system is working like it should be.

Thanks for the info. When this Covid situation goes away I think I will attend a few shows to actually look at the species I am interested in. I guess the upcoming shows will be posted on here as time moves on.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Thanks for the info. When this Covid situation goes away I think I will attend a few shows to actually look at the species I am interested in. I guess the upcoming shows will be posted on here as time moves on.

Sign up to The Spider Shop newsletter and they will send you the info about most invert shows in the UK and there is the http://exhibition.thebts.co.uk/

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Sign up to The Spider Shop newsletter and they will send you the info about most invert shows in the UK.

TSS send out weekly emails telling you what they have new in stock, as well as news about shows etc. It is well worth having.

James1975

Hi all I am completely new to the hobby and am looking for a small T to start. I have been researching the Euathlus sp ( and it's renamings!). I am practically interested in the Euathlus sp yellow and red now Homoeomma orellanai and chilensis. Been looking for one for about 8 months now but no joy. Anyway I look forward to learning all about Ts and meeting some new friends.
Hello and welcome

Latest posts