• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Metallic Pink Toe, Questionsss

Tgirl1010

3 Year Member
Well that is a toughie. You see Avics go up up up up. They will very often settle at the top of the enclosure. Some people like side doors because of this. You will notice if you ever get her out that she will immediately head higher and higher. I will dig up some pictures for you today if I can find them of some of my set ups for Avics about her size.

Sori

3 Year Member
Ok guys, here is my first handling of the avicularia metallica. You can see that I have made some changes to the habitat ( added more leaves and such ). I also took the screen lid and covered it with Ductape, while leaving a few air holes. The habitat holds moisture wondrously now!

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I agree with what has already previously been said about the set up, it would be much better to find one that is much taller than it is long. Also using duct tape isn't really the best idea, the T's legs can get stuck which can cause injury to the spider... plus it has a tendency to get goopy when exposed to constant moisture. Personally, I use saran wrap on the mesh lid that came with my Exo-Terra to promote humidity. Your avic is a stunner :)

Latest posts