• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

leon92

3 Year Member
hi every one my name is leon im 21 and a full time dad to 2 kids and another on the way

i have 9 Tarantulas 8 of them are slings and one is a adult male

i also have 3 land snails

2 scorpions and a corn snake

but to day i was wondering could i have help with my adult male i think hes a Brazilian white knee but someone else says he is a giant white knee

Attachments

• DSC_0182.jpg
    DSC_0182.jpg
    900.8 KB · Views: 12

jujubees

3 Year Member
Welcome! I believe that a Brazilian white knee and a Giant white knee are the same thing just diff names its known by. Acanthoscurria geniculata is the scientific name if you cared to research it. Nice looking tarantula though :) what kind of land snails do you have?

leon92

3 Year Member
Thank you for the welcome (jujubees) and oh i did not no that and sorry i did not think of researching the scientific name im not that good with them names and thank you the reason i had to ask is i might be getting a adult female to mate with my male so i wanted to double check with every one

and the land snails are still very young but they are jades African land snails :)

jujubees

3 Year Member
No problem at all mate. Good luck when the breeding comes around sir. I almost bought some of those about a month ago actually. Pretty facinating creatures, those snails are.

leon92

3 Year Member
thank you if the breeding goes well and i get a good egg sack i will post them on here for every one to see and if i do get a good amount im going give some away :)

yes i agree they are very fascinating but very strange at the same time they are quite easy to take care of as well :)

leon92

3 Year Member
lol there is so many different ones but i picked jade as they looked cool lol and yer i just thought if i do breed my male T and am successful why not give some to people on here thought might attract more people to want Ts of there own as well and i don't mind as long as people take care of them :)

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
We are about to adopt a few land snails for our happy home. My daughter is interested in them for some reason? Wonder where she gets that from? ;)
Looking forward to learning more about them.

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I am researching obtaining a permit as it is required by Illinois to buy one here :confused::mad:.

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I suppose that is true. But getting a permit does not mean you are going to be responsible in ensuring they do not escape. No different than our T's.

jujubees

3 Year Member
I suppose that is true. But getting a permit does not mean you are going to be responsible in ensuring they do not escape. No different than our T's.

Yeah you're def right. It bugs me when people release not native species into the wild. Look what the pythons in the everglades are doing. Overrunning the ecosystem :/ But anyways, what kind of snails are you looking at?

Latest posts